IBM Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IBM Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in April 2018.

Interview

Online interview that consisted of behavioral and technical questions (but not coding). I did not enjoy the technical questions because while I am a good coder I am not very good with terminology, and I felt like the questions tested that more than my effectiveness as a computer scientist.

Interview Questions

• How could you measure the empire state building on a sunny day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was contacted by a recuiter after I submitted the resume in the career fair. I first finished three hours online testing with video and some algorithms and then a phone interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2018.

Interview

Met with a campus recruiter at a career fair. Submitted my resume and waited several weeks and was sent a HireVue. One Leetcode Easy, two Leetcode Mediums, and a couple of behavioral questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

pretty average but there was a big delay after i got a verbal approval and received the actual offer. one thing to keep in mind is that everything is slow at IBM. after we went through my background, honestly the interviewers did not have much to ask me. we discussed about the projects I worked on and my research during my PhD.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

There was a technical interview and a non-technical interview. The person conducting the technical interview was very matter of fact. The person conducting the non-technical interview had a more pleasant personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project I was assigned in school and how I completed it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by IBM and directed to an online screening process, which consisted of automated questions where I was recorded. Then, I completed several timed coding questions of increasing complexity.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2018.

Interview

I was given two interviews over an online platform. First one I did some coding challenges and recorded myself answering a few questions. Then there was a second interview that was with a current employee over video chat. Both were pretty easy and straightfoward, and got an offer a week after my second interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Berkeley, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was split into 3 parts. The first was a set of conceptual questions that mostly focused on how an OS worked. The second was a simple coding question. The last part was a discussion about some projects on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of an OS?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in April 2018.

Interview

Started with a HireVue coding challenge, which consisted of 3 programming questions and 5 video responses. The 5 video response questions were behavioralhire, one of them asking you to explain your answer to one of the coding questions

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There is an online coding challenge which has 8 questions. The coding challenge consists of 5 video recoding questions and 3 coding questions with a language of choice. There is a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for this job.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.