IBM Technical Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Feb 2018

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through IBM career site and got a call letter to attend the interview.

Majority of rounds were focussed on testing communication skills. There were 3 rounds

1. Self Introduction +JAM - You should introduce yourself and speak for a minute or more about a random topic given to you.

2.Telephonic- In this round your communication skills will be evaluated . You'll be either asked to speak about a topic or on things mentioned in your CV.

3. Technical + Ops - You'll be asked about questions related to computer troubleshooting and about networks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad) in November 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds and first 3 were completely based on communication and last round is technical. 1st round they asked to introduce yourself selected few and for the 2nd round they test your English fluency again 3rd round was manger round where you need to speak continuously for 3mins

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Mysore).

Interview

I was interviewed in college, the process took one day. There were three rounds first was one to one introduction, you need to tell about yourself, hobbies etc. Second was gd over telephone and the third round was technical + hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru).

Interview

It was a walk-in interview at Bengaluru, Manyata Tech park as well as at EGL, Domlur for Technical support associate.
    The interview process consists of 3 rounds totally.
    1) Communication Assessment round.
    2) Communication Assessment round 2 by probably an HR or a telephonic interview round
    3) Technical round.
    Though i never reached till the last round in my all attempts, i had gone through the 1st and 2nd rounds.
    First i have to tell that some of the interviewers has great amount of attitude and mostly biased.
    In the 1st round you will be asked to describe yourself and you may be given a topic to speak on for about 2 to 5 min.
    In the 2nd round again you will be given a topic to talk on or in the telephonic round they might again ask you basic questions.
    In the last round it may be technical related questions.
    I had horrible experience in IBM as once in the second round i was asked to tell about IBM, none had info on it, i was the only guy to speak on IBM.
    I got rejected stating i used fillers in between where as a girl who told she dont know anything about IBM was taken to the next interview round.
    This shows the level of Interviewers in IBM for Tech support associate. Its worst.

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Coimbatore).

Interview

It was a very good experience and I had learnt a lot how to face an interview.I was also very glad to participate and feeling excited in joining the company.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview difficulty was kind of moderate to difficult , process consists of 4-5 rounds in campus selections and all the rounds will most probably end on the same day . Selection process demands more of verbal and technical skills . The process also has a phone call interview in which networking , troubleshooting etc questions are asked .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to join IBM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru).

Interview

IBM follows a very disciplinary process for candidates to enter their premises, hence, the Interview is scuffle free.
    At first, HR round was conducted for preliminary screening.
    Then there was a Voice and Accent round, over a phone. This was one of the toughest rounds, because you will be assessed over grammar, pronounciation and fluency, everything based on your speech to a topic given by someone over the phone. Maximum candidates were not able to make through this round.
    Then there was a Technical Operations round, wherein you will be asked about basic computer networking topologies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given a bond of 5 years, will you stick to this profile?
      Q: What is DHCP, how is it related to APIPA?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was held at the college campus. There were 3 rounds, 1st round was GD then Telephonic round and the last round was Technical. The interview was a great experience.

Technical Support Associative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru) in November 2016.

Interview

it was a smooth and fast process of interview without any hassles and issues. within a day the results were out. the hr's were understanding and helpful when it came to clearing our doubts and queries. they did not behave impatiently and were at our rescue whenever we needed them.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru) in October 2016.

Interview

Around 120 people had come for the IBM drive at college.
    The first round was a Group discussion which is mainly an elimination round. A group of 15 and each person had to introduce themselves and speak about their interests.
    The Second round was a telephonic interview with a HR and this basically is to check your proficiency of your English and also if you can speak without any breaks.
    They gave two topics one was women empowerment and the other is about a well known figure.
    The third round was also a telephonic round but it was a technical round.
    The questions mainly focused on networking and if i had worked on any project.
    They finally chose 17 students overall.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on networking and any projects worked on.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.