Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.4

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Full day process broken into multiple individual one on one interviews which can include time at the blackboard writing snippets of code or scripting. Not for the faint of heart or the unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Can you write a script to reverse the contents of an array?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Interview

I feel it is easy to get through the interview. They test raw intelligence using algo and DS and testing skills. They dont have SDET roles any more so they will be looking for more coding skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult when compared to rest of the industry   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through career site. Hiring manager reached directly over phone and asked to come to his office in Redmond, WA. I has his question but not listening to what I'm saying or doing - he just looking at his computer.

Interview Questions

• Find out the number of connected cells in a 2D array   3 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, one by HR, one by an Engineer, and then was invited for on site.
    On-site 3 interviews.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Need to be good in computer fundamentals

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You need to good at negotiation.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Interview

Got contact from linkden

Interview Questions

• Write a function that counts words of a book based on type (noun, verb, etc)   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen was friendly, recruiter was helpful gave some good tips on what to kind of questions to expect. But they should be doing a better job screening people and not just randomly asking developers with no testing experience to interview for a testing position.
    Coding test was to write code to get all palindromes in a string.
    On-site interviews were hectic, you try and prove your testing and simple coding skills.
    Test a refrigerator.
    Code to make diagonal elements 0 in a matrix.

Interview Questions

• Coding test was to write code to get all palindromes in a string.

Test a refrigerator.
      Code to make diagonal elements 0 in a matrix.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interviewed on campus: I was asked to code a technical question and then to write test cases for it. I first coded the answer on paper then explained. My code was surprisingly cleaner than I expected, and that too on paper. Then, he went about describing his role and what his team does. Following this I was asked few HR questions. These questions are basically to gauge your technical aptitude.

Was contacted through email about selection for the next round. A few days later, an interview date was fixed and then, the logistics were worked out. It was an all expenses paid trip.

They won't give you a chance to complain. Food, hotel, transportation... all was just awesome. The day following my arrival I had my interviews.

They have limo services that take you to the Microsoft campus at Redmond. I had 4 back to back rounds.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer confused me like hell when describing the question.
      Every node of the tree has a pointer to its left most child. each node has a pointer to its next sibling. Its a BST. Find the smallest value in the tree.   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter through LinkedIn. Initial Phone screen with hiring manager.
    Asked to explain a project listed in the resume. Asked about the algorithmic and data structure choices made in that project.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find the word with maximum occurrences in a text and write a test module to verify.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

I submitted my resume and talked to the person briefly in the job fair on campus, and got the call back a couple days later. They are extremely fast to schedule an on-site interview in about a couple weeks. Overall the interview is not hard but quite long (about 8 hours in total - 9am to 6pm) and I got very tired at the end. And the offer was sent out the next day.

Negotiation

I was a new grad and didn't know much about negotiation :).

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.