Microsoft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied online with an invitation from a recruiter through LinkedIn, got an in person interview on campus with an engineer, it was a 1-1 interview. The next step is on-site, most likely in Seattle.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round of interview was a couple STAR questions then one technical question. Was invited on site and had four rounds of technical questions. No personal/STAR questions whatsoever. All of my interviewers were dead inside. I asked one interviewer how his day was going and he said “stressful”. None of them took notes and I think one of them came up with the questions on the spot. Very poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Traverse an array in a spiral   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and ended up doing an on-campus interview. Showed up to an employee that seemed like he wanted no part in the hiring process, which is understandable but still kind of disheartening.

Interview Questions

• String sorting and reordering.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had an on campus interview, one on one in a classroom on my campus. Interviewer asked one technical question, and the rest was just a quick conversation about work-life at Microsoft.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter at campus event, contacted for interview a week later. On campus interview, questions about resume (courses, programing languages, work experience), a technical question at the end.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had an on campus technical interview with one behavior and technical question about 30 minutes.
    Then I was invited for on site where I had two interviews both with technical and behavioral

Interview Questions

• I had a bitwise conversion question for y on campus interview. Create a method that finds the next sparse number given a number.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Great, was interviewed in person in Seattle. They flew me out for the interview. I had a few interviews within the span of a day. There were not really breaks in between the interviews.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Eugene, OR (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

30-minute whiteboard interview @ my University. Initially questions about resume and experience, then tech related coding questions on the whiteboard. Interviewer seemed distant and uninterested. Could tell they had made up their mind before the interview had really progressed that far.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string of words keeping the words in the same order but the spelling reversed   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Just several behavior questions to figure out what you are interested in, and then whiteboard algorithm questions, and you can ask him some questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• An easy question about reading a file and count the number of characters.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had one phone round. Was asked questions based on coding knowledge and behavorial questions. Got to the final round where I had back to back interviews. Was asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.