Sutherland Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 2 May 2019

2.5

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Bartlesville, OK (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was very easy if you want to work for $9.00. The asked, "Will $9.00 an hour be acceptable with $8.50 an hour for training?" As soon as I answered "No" to that, and finished the other few questions I received an email saying I was not "fit" for any of the positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a backup plan if your power and or internet goes down? (It said you were still expected to work if this happened.)   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Sutherland

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Not long, just customer service question via phone interview. Employer called and asked a few question and once I was finish I was sent a email stating that I got the job

Interview Questions

• How many tomes have you had irrate customer and what did you do to solve the issue.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Syracuse, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had to go to the local zoo where they were having the interviews. They for whatever reason had planned to show a movie that was scheduled to rune only at certain times, then make you wait to be interviewed in one of several lines. I was on lunch, so I couldn't sit around waiting, and I had to ask a few different people could I just get an interview since I'd already submitted my application. Most said 'no, I had to wait'- but one person got me past the bs and I only had to wait in line, get my interview, then go home.
    Then wait for a response, which took a few days, then wait to be scheduled for a phone interview with the client of the program I was applying for. After that there was more paperwork, a drug test, and then more waiting. I think the total time was about 3 weeks from application to hire.

As an aside I asked other workers once hired about their interview process & it varied wildly, so 'Good Luck'?

Interview Questions

• They were interested in how much Linux experience I had.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview where the they asked questions about troubleshooting internet and TV to get an idea about which department I would be best suited for. Interview was pretty short and to the point. I got an offer immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions about TV troubleshooting were difficult because I had no experience with it   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

The interview was a virtual one consisting of questions that you answer online and questions that you call and record an answer to. I never had to speak with anyone in person.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

Filled out online application had my virtual interview have not heard back yet. Application is still under review. It has been a few weeks. I did email the company and they said they are in the process of reviewing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How can you insure its a expetional experience for the customer being that it is not a face to face interaction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Mumbai) in January 2016.

Interview

It was on campus drive. First they had a written test for an essay. It was for namesake. Then they had a JD round where we have to choose any one of the three given topics and talk for one minute and then the final round was telephonic conversation where we have to talk with a US guy over a phone. Then they offered a provisional offer letter. It was a one day process.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic conversation was free spoken round where the guy asked normal questions about weather...commuting, etc. Some questions like 'if you get money, what will you do' or 'where will you visit' etc. were also asked.   Answer Question

They offered a provisional offer letter which means they had same process to repeat again at their office. Salary offered was too low and for engineers, there's no future in Sutherland.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland (Mumbai) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewer : Tell me something about yourself.
    Me: Told
    Interviewer: Why did you apply for this position.
    Me: told
    Interviewer: How will you face different types of customers.
    Me: Told
    Interviewer: What is your salary expectations.
    Me: Told
    Interviewer: Are you willing to work anytime.
    Me: Told.
    Interviewer: Do you have any questions.
    Me: No

End

Technical Support Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

There was a Group discussion round first then the telephonic interview where you talk with a US based person who asks situational questions. Basically they check your fluency whether you are apt for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you get million dollars, what would you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland (Hyderabad) in April 2015.

Interview

interview took one day.i have selected through college placement.its a simple round.we need to write an essay.next communications will be checked.based on this i was selected.mostly they checked grammar mistakes and the way of presentation.this is what they need i think.

Interview Questions

• write an essay on whether watching tv is good bad?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.