Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2,166 Interview Reviews

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2020.

Interview

The whole interview process was quick and efficient keeping in mind the number of rounds.
    The interview process was very thorough and deep. The interviewers were friendly and the overall experience of the interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

28 Oct 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're so glad that you have decided to join the Thomson Reuters team.

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through the website, heard via email asking for an interview. First round phone interview with current analysts, lasting for about 30 minutes or so. Follow up rejection via email afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with someone in a group, and what did you do to solve it.   Answer Question

Interview

They were considerate and honest. It was mostly by phone. I started at the company as a contractor and was later hired on for a different role. For the contractor role, I only had phone interviews I think there were 2 or 3. For the full-time role, I had one in-person interview with my new boss and our team leader.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words a previous employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with a recruiter, video call with the hiring manager and another phone conversation with a team member and finally a phone conversation with the hiring manager's manager.
    Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to talk to.

UX Designer Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to have a phone screening. She didn't call during the scheduled time so I shot her email asking if she was still good connect. She emailed saying she was in a meeting and to see if we can reschedule for an hour later. She was ten minutes late calling and when she did call, I think she was in her car driving?

She wasn't really apologetic it was more like oh sorry it's a Friday. Then she was like well let me first turn it over to you before I tell you about the role. I then asked if it was open to full time remote which said oh sorry I should have asked you that before.

The JD is no longer even on the site and the whole experience seemed like a hot mess that was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• This was more feedback to get it together with the recruiter when representing the company.   Answer Question

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Online, then code pair. First was with no one watching, second was basic question where you walked through code. Then a few basic questions like true or false. Short answer

Interview Questions

• How to return most common letter in string   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

Interview with several different people. First got to know background. Second talked more of the culture. Third talked about my back ground. Fourth did a product presentation. They wanted answers in the star fomat. Use the recruiter to help prep you for different roles etc.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

Initial recruiter contact positive. No follow up or follow through as promised. I reached out several times and was ghosted. Not what you would expect from a company with such a positive reputation.

GSOC Operator Interview

Interview

The interview was an online interview with zero human interaction. It was a little awkward, having to look at yourself in the monitor as you answer the question looking at your computer screen

Content Marketer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

My interview was cut short due to a botched recruitment process. My interviewer refused to take any responsibility for his mistake and blamed those under him. I realize that mistakes happen. However, the interviewer's finger-pointing response and his insincere apology for my wasted time left me unimpressed.

Interview Questions

• I was not interviewed due to a recruiting error, despite being qualified and prepared. However, my interviewer did talk about himself for a good 15 minutes.   Answer Question

15 Dec 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with any other feedback. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Interviewed by one of their software engineers who was rude as soon as he picked up the phone. Sounded bored the whole time and it was honestly just a painful conversation.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Dec 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.