Superior HealthPlan Reviews

Found 201 of over 215 reviews

3.9
Superior HealthPlan President and CEO Mark Sanders
Mark Sanders
Pros
  • "Great benefits, cares about employees, focus on low attrition rate(in 14 reviews)

• "Pay and benefits (excluding maternity or paternity) are strong(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "poor management(in 4 reviews)

• "Mgt is all over the place, horrible work environment(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0

Short review

Sep 26, 2022 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good working relationship with staff

Cons

Over pressure at a short time frame

2. 5.0

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Sep 21, 2022 - Customer Servive Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great at this job

Cons

Nothing everything is perfect at the position

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for your review! We're glad you are part of what makes Superior an awesome place to work. We strive to provide a positive company culture and are happy to hear this has been your experience.

3. 5.0

Love it

Aug 31, 2022 - Concurrent Review RN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, flexibilty, autonomy

Cons

Sometimes disorganized, clicky groups, lots of reorganization

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for your review! We're glad you have had a good experience and are happy you are part of what makes Superior an awesome place to work. If you would like to share your suggestions for ways we can improve, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great, if you can keep up

Sep 6, 2022 - Licensed Counselor (LADAC, LPC, LCSW, LMFT)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, team is very supportive

Cons

Overworked, constant changes to workflows, micro managed

Superior HealthPlan Response

We appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like to share your suggestions for ways we can improve, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

5. 5.0

A Superior Day!

Aug 16, 2022 - Customer Service Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Superior/Centene cares about their employees, the community, the providers and this country. We are always looking for ways to make things better with innovation and it is all at the tips of our fingers. They value our opinions and guide us to take ownership in ideas on how to better the company. I have been here over 6 years and this company has helped me grow as a person and a leader.

Cons

The only thing that can hold you back from growth is you. Don't let people influence your growth and goals.

1 person found this review helpful

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for your review and many years of service! We are pleased to hear of your positive experience and and are happy you are part of what makes Superior an awesome place to work.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 17, 2022 - Behavioral Health Utilization Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity, flexiblity, pay and benefits package, specific performance evaluations. What I really value is the problem-solving way mistakes are handled. Mistakes are identified and discussed in a manner that does not seek to place blame but to assist in learning and development. I also appreciate all of the opportunities to develop your career and move throughout the company.

Cons

Constant changing of processes and lack of interdepartmental communication. The constant change is a given in this field but the lack of communication is problematic. There's got to be a better way to communicate - one hand sometimes does not know what the other is doing and sometimes directives conflict. The good thing is, when this is discovered, people are flexible and growth-minded to problem solve issues.

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for your review and your many years of service at Superior! We strive to be a great place to work and are glad to hear this has been your experience. If you would like to share your suggestions for ways we can improve, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

7. 5.0

Awesome Leadership

Aug 16, 2022 - Utilization Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everybody has a voice! You are heard at Superior!

Cons

At times it seems that change is made hastily and not all considerations are made requiring multiple iterations.

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for your review! We strive to make all employees of Superior feel heard and are happy to hear this has been your experience throughout your many years of service. If you would like to share your suggestions for ways we can improve change management, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

SHP is a good employer

Aug 15, 2022 - Care Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

SHP takes good care of their employees, the work load is reasonable and expectations are very clearly communicated.

Cons

Very structured (rigid) schedules and that can also be a lack of flexibility.

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide a positive company culture and are happy to hear this has been your experience.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

LVN

Aug 18, 2022 - LVN in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok pay. Nice bonus. Weekends off.

Cons

Micromanaged. Click leadership. Call center expect 20 (1hr long) calls a day. They listen to your calls. Medicaid members always angered by the co. Sitting and you gain weight sitting. You do a 3 person call center job.

Superior HealthPlan Response

We appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like to share your suggestions for ways we can improve the employee experience, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

10. 4.0

Flexible

Aug 3, 2022 - Case Manager II in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule and supportive managers

Cons

Many changes to have to shift and deal with.

Superior HealthPlan Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! If you would like to share your suggestions for ways we can improve, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Reviews

Superior HealthPlan Reviews FAQs

Superior HealthPlan has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 215 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Superior HealthPlan to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Superior HealthPlan employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Superior HealthPlan. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

78% of Superior HealthPlan employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Superior HealthPlan 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Superior HealthPlan Job Seekers