Superior HealthPlan Reviews
81% would recommend to a friend
(249 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 249 of over 264 reviews
Updated 23 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- 3.026 Oct 2023Business Analyst ICurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
Remote work mainly and co workers
This is regards to Centene Corporation as SHP is under their umbrella. The BA I job is broken down so much that it’s hard to be at or strive to be at the full potential a business analyst can be unless you are a BA III or more. The PTO hours do not roll over unless you live in California. Basically the typical employee who has worked for SHP gets about 2.5 weeks of vacation time a year. There are no more employee bonuses meanwhile the CEOs and vice presidents get paid hefty salaries plus bonuses. No more bonuses for regular staff, ended this year. The $50 technology stipend will end at the end of this year. Secretive rounds of layoffs are happening now plus there will another around of layoffs next year. The benefits get more expensive each year which takes up the 2% yearly rises.Superior HealthPlan Response5w
Thank you for your many years of service and for taking the time to provide your candid feedback. We strive to make working at Superior a great experience, and your feedback helps us do that.
- 4.023 Nov 2023Senior Enrollment ProcessorFormer EmployeeAustin, TX
Great health benefits/PTO as well as separate sick days.
Toxic work environment. Very "High School Gossip" vibes....Superior HealthPlan Response19h
Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid feedback. We strive to make working at Superior a great experience, and your feedback helps us do that. If there is anything specific you'd like to share about further, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.
- 5.09 Nov 2023Bakery ClerkCurrent Employee
I dont think they should have bakery clerks if they have allow better hours. Its just too much sometimes the amount of heavy work you do
Its all bad all around
- 1.016 Sept 2023Program CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDallas, TX
Remote work Company held different events in which they catered food Bonuses given based on performance Lots of overtime when busy
Micromanaging managers Lack of job security-Company laid off 3000 employees after losing Medicaid contract to Molina. Advised employees we had nothing to worry about and yet jobs were lost. Remaining employees were on mandatory OT for months resulting in burn out and they eventually started resigning. Very messy environment as mostly women are employed Overworked High turnover in certain departments specially prior authorization areaSuperior HealthPlan Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid feedback. If there is anything specific you'd like to share about further, please email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.
- 5.027 Oct 2023Business Analyst IICurrent EmployeeAustin, TX
Remote work is very nice
Upward mobility can be difficultSuperior HealthPlan Response5w
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you're a part of what makes working at Superior truly...well, superior!
- 1.02 May 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Decent pay and benefits; some work/life balance if you have a manager who subscribes to that.
- Caseloads are large and it is very performance driven. -We get audited on everything and our work is constantly scrutinized. -People are having to conduct screenings that are out of the scope of their licensure -So so so much paperwork and redundant tasks/busywork. -SHP caters to the state so they add tasks and repetitive questions/work frequently to keep the state happy. - The workload and numbers of programs used grows daily. -Little training organization. They put you through a month of computerized training and then throw you to the wolves. -Some managers are very micromanaging. There is no consistency in work/life balance across the company. -Did I mention HUGE caseloads with limitless tasks and each type of task/outreach has differnt timelines and due dates to remember. It is insanity!3
- 5.06 Oct 2023Quality Systems AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, NH
Benefits, PTO, insurance, culture, pay
Tedious work (goes with really any job)Superior HealthPlan Response2mo
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience and wish you the best in your future endeavors!
- 3.026 Jul 2023Referral SpecialistFormer EmployeeAustin, TX
You will always have work and overtime is common. Management encourages voluntary overtime so you could make some decent money if you’re willing to put in the time and effort.
Constant work process updates that can confuse your daily routines. You have to be wary of building good habits. The mandatory overtime during peak seasons can lead to burnout.Superior HealthPlan Response4mo
Thank you for your candid feedback. This is always helpful as we continue to look for ways to improve as an organization. If you have anything you'd like to share directly with HR, please do so at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.
- 5.09 Aug 2023Communications SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
- Good PTO Plan - Frequent surveys to ask your input on the company/management - Remote Work - Training is thorough and processes are well organized - Management is transparent and helpful - Good team environment
- Somewhat heavy workload - Learning processes can take time since there are so many projects/tasks to work on at onceSuperior HealthPlan Response4mo
Thank you for review! We're happy to hear you've had a mostly positive experience so far and appreciate your role in our organization's success. If you have any specific feedback to share, we encourage you to connect with your People Leader. Thanks!
- 1.09 Sept 2023Service CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
decent pay for social work and good benefits, diverse team of staff
be prepared to take on an unsustainable workload ex 100-300 caseloads at a time due to staffing shortages and a failed healthcare system. antiquated work processes and training that sets you up to fail. high turnover2Superior HealthPlan Response3mo
Thank you for your feedback and for current service at Superior HealthPlan. If there's anything specific you'd like to share that may address your concerns, we encourage you to email our HR team at SHP-HUMANRESOURCES@superiorhealthplan.com.
Superior HealthPlan Reviews FAQs
Superior HealthPlan has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 264 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Superior HealthPlan to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
81% of Superior HealthPlan employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Superior HealthPlan 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.