Workday Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The almost leisurely work-life balance can lead to inertia from those who take advantage of the situation" (in 18 reviews)

• "Working in a proprietary language that doesn’t translate to other places" (in 32 reviews)

1. "excellent"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

good place for freshers
    everyone is here are very supportive

Cons

Wi-Fi not working
    sat working

Advice to Management

"Workday management not good."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is good to learn

Cons

Management is not good decision-making

Advice to Management

Workday technology is good but I am not like his management the way they are treating to partners not good. because they are not listing to anyone they are so arrogant not giving proper example not proper training they always in hurry and they don't have any criteria for fail pass to employee in certification. IF they want to fail you they will fail you the will not give you proper reason like why they failed you in certification they will give you silly reason. So according to me they should stop to play with employee sentimental and they have to give grade system like A,B,C that's it good not with % because already people are came to IT industry after cleared so many exam. If people having 5-10 Year IT experience and they want to move workday technology then they should certified otherwise there is no backdoor for enter in Workday technology why so.. see If workday behaviour like this then one day down fall will come to workday. Please treat to employee in good way not like examiner you are not school or university its IT industry. If workday things this technology it very sensitive then it will not grow in the IT industry, may be for the time being it will grow but not for long time like (Oracle and Sap still in market from long time because they are not cunning and they are providing good service they have all solutions.). Think all about it Workday Management before failing to anyone. Because I heard you failed whole batches of few companies (This is what, We can say this arrogant nature you people are not respecting ton anyone). For other skill only knowledge required not certification but in workday you should certify okay we are accepting your terms but not all the thing we will accepting this is IT industry not a school.

Please be care full before deciding or taking decision.

"Cracks appearing"

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great workmates, sense of purpose

Cons

Losing the core value of employees as key, too many new and improved productivity and career ideas with little follow through and then, another new and improved something. You can work long hours and still be fully ignored for career growth so leaders can indulge favorites. Best new roles go to outside hires only despite all the encouragement to apply and promise of career mobility.

Advice to Management

Remember what made you great.

"Workday is changing..."

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

-Good local Office Culture. Everyone is friendly and willing to help out.
    -Product itself is incredible which makes demoing it really fun and "easy".

Cons

-They take advantage of being the "best place to work" by grossly under paying employees. on avg. 20-30K less than competitors.
    -Promotions are extremely limited and difficult to attain.
    -With recent leadership changes in the sales/presales organization there is less emphasis on the employees and a lot more on the bottom line. There have been cut backs and many employees internally are not pleased.
    -Choose Workday if making money is NOT your priority.

Advice to Management

At the end of the day if you do not pay your top performers or give them the promotions they deserve they will leave no matter how great Workday is. Expect a higher turnover rate over next year or so.

"Good (not Great) Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Software Applications Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat the employee as best as they can, really good work-life balance, and amazing benefits!

Cons

Working on a proprietary technology that is technically a "mess": not easy to maintain, not easy to develop with.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more time to let developers improve the existing codebase!

6. "Renewals team"

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-We have an amazing leader (Senior Manager of Renewals). Despite an extremely heavy workload, she makes the time to have meetings with all teammates, even those who do not report directly to her.
    - Team members genuinely care about each other’s professional and personal lives, again thanks to the team senior manager who makes this such a great place to work.
    - The team is growing and it’s great to see new teammates developing their skills and contribute towards team goals.
    - great comradery and fun atmosphere; lots of laughs and team bonding time.

Cons

-Manual processes which make tasks more tedious than they should be

Advice to Management

- It would be great if processes were more automated

"Great Place Work - Love Our Team - Executive Level Top C-Level Mgmt Needs Help"

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to come into work everyday. I'm happy everyday I walk through those doors. I have amazing Workmates, and everyone is passionate about the work we do. We have great perks and celebrate milestones both big and small. Fortunate to work for a company that values diversity, passion, it's employees, and FUN!

Cons

C-Level top management need to live our Workday Core Values. If we are all encouraged to live by them daily, so should you. Your smile on stage hides the negativity you spread with the team you are building under you.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to take a hard look at the C-Levels directly under him, regardless of their tenure or PS legacy. Their cancer is spreading and everyone wonders why you can't see it...or don't want to. A few bad apples are spoiling the bunch.

8. "Great Company to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees genuinely want to deliver their best work (teamwork), from a global company level employees are supported to find work-life balance and it's exciting to be part of a company that keeps innovating.

Cons

Must be committed to work hard to actively plan ahead and support new business decisions.

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Presales Manager
    Current Employee - Presales Manager

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with a great culture

Cons

Must be committed to work hard!

10. "Employees First"

Current Employee - Full Stack Web Developer in Boulder, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Full Stack Web Developer in Boulder, CO (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Values work culture, work-life balance, learning, personal/professional growth
    - Opportunities to learn, move teams, find leadership as a junior
    - Fast paced tech company that's focused on innovation, using the best tools, etc.
    - Company wide initiatives on belonging and diversity
    - Snack Program

Cons

- Boulder office is much different than HQ. Rapid growth may cut into the office's
    culture