Workday Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.0
Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri
Pros
Cons
  • "Proprietary language might not carry over well into different career paths(in 37 reviews)

• "Pleasanton is far away for many employees in the city or south & north bay(in 36 reviews)

1. "excellent"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

good place for freshers everyone is here are very supportive

Cons

Wi-Fi not working sat working

Workday2018-03-05

"Workday management not good."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technology is good to learn

Cons

Management is not good decision-making

Advice to Management

Workday technology is good but I am not like his management the way they are treating to partners not good. because they are not listing to anyone they are so arrogant not giving proper example not proper training they always in hurry and they don't have any criteria for fail pass to employee in certification. IF they want to fail you they will fail you the will not give you proper reason like why they failed you... in certification they will give you silly reason. So according to me they should stop to play with employee sentimental and they have to give grade system like A,B,C that's it good not with % because already people are came to IT industry after cleared so many exam. If people having 5-10 Year IT experience and they want to move workday technology then they should certified otherwise there is no backdoor for enter in Workday technology why so.. see If workday behaviour like this then one day down fall will come to workday. Please treat to employee in good way not like examiner you are not school or university its IT industry. If workday things this technology it very sensitive then it will not grow in the IT industry, may be for the time being it will grow but not for long time like (Oracle and Sap still in market from long time because they are not cunning and they are providing good service they have all solutions.). Think all about it Workday Management before failing to anyone. Because I heard you failed whole batches of few companies (This is what, We can say this arrogant nature you people are not respecting ton anyone). For other skill only knowledge required not certification but in workday you should certify okay we are accepting your terms but not all the thing we will accepting this is IT industry not a school. Please be care full before deciding or taking decision.

Workday2019-03-17

"Culture not what it’s cracked up to be"

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Benefits (medical, dental, 401k) Brand recognition Snacks and stocked kitchens The product is actually valuable Some offices are pet friendly

Cons

Culture is toxic in some departments. Lots of favoritism and false promises from management. Perks are mostly focused on HQ while satellite offices are ignored. Not as employee centric as they would like you to believe. Low pay.

Workday2019-09-28

"Not all it's cracked up to be"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Nice people -Smart people being hired -Great place to just collect a paycheck (if that's your style)

Cons

-Same people in upper management for 5+ years -Lack of upper management experience from other companies -No constructive negotiations/debates -Not allowed to question -Must agree with legacy employees -Everyone is in fear to suggest change/improvements/anything different than what executive management says because they are then blacklisted -Very stay in your lane culture -If you care more than just receiving... a paycheck, you will slowly die inside here -Lack of innovation, and a strong fear of failure

Advice to Management

Either start listening to the people you hire from large established companies, or stop hiring those people and hire lower level monkeys to do whatever you want when you want. You cannot have it both ways!

Workday2019-10-10
  5. "Best place I have worked"

I have been working at Workday for more than 3 years

Pros

Easily the best place I have worked. Feel valued for my contributions and not just another cog. Exciting company. Great perks too

Cons

It's a demanding workplace but we are a growth company. Tough to scale at the pace we are growing.

Advice to Management

Ensure strong management is in place at all layers to get the best out of every workmate. Whilst some of the weaker managers have been moved on there are still a few bad managers hanging around.

Workday2019-10-09
  6. "Good Company culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

I’ve been working at Workday for more than 2 years, overall it is a great experience

Cons

Growth problems, recent reorganization’s made some good people leave the company

Workday2019-10-09

"Enjoyed working here"

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Perfect work life balance. Flexible PTO. Supportive manager. Great company culture.

Cons

There are not free meals.

Workday2019-10-04
  8. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Presales

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Product and their Values.

Cons

Growing to fast which is impacting the culture

Advice to Management

Improve the process in hiring people managers with a specific focus on the 5 main elements of high EI.

Workday2019-10-07

"Overall good place but scaling too fast"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good perks ( equal to most tech companies) 27 days for holidays

Cons

No career progression, no proper recognition, communication all over the place, managers don't allow professional development on training level, use to be a horizontal hierarchy but completely changed

Workday2019-10-04

""Best Company to Work For" for a reason"

Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Management Fun and Collaborative Culture Flexible

Cons

Might be too large for some (when compared to start ups)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Workday2019-09-25