Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Fremont, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The HR scheduled for a telephonic technical interview. But when i got the call it was all behavioral questions asked. No questions on my current project. No technical questions or coding. Just one agile related question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter and co ordinator did a very good job of connecting me to the team and getting me scheduled for in person interview at Mountain View Campus.

On the day of the interview I was told that the first hour was something about "Work and Crafts" it was not clear if they would demo what the team is working on to me or if I am supposed to demo my current work project to them. Even the team was confused about it and they apologized as they told me I was the first candidate with the new interview process.

First round with two senior member on the team (both seemed to have 10+ years of experience). The question itself was a standard career cup question but the attitude of the interviewers was were very negative. It quickly turned into an ego clash between my interviewers and I was hardly given a chance to make progress on the actual question which was constantly modified by the second interviewer. Being a team of 3 members I quickly figured out I would not want to work with them.

Manager was very professional and asked about my current application architecture and a few design questions. Overall good interview.

Finally the PM was also nice and professional and asked me how I would test the current application architecture. And had a conversation about the application they were working on.

Overall the interview was good in terms of the questions but the attitude of the interviews in the first round was extremely bad. In the 1.5 hours interview they were debating about the question for over 40 min between themselves.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter followed by technical phone interview. The onsite interview occurred within a week of the initial contact. The offer came within a few days after the onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Un professional recruiters and managers, scheduled interview and canceled right before the day stating the entire team took off for a week .. still I am thinking how can it be possible and how important team is in company!!!.
    we need to follow up with recruiters on what happened. and no one officially called and explained what happened. and after the interview everything was positive except my salary ask and they want to reduce my range so put on hold and in between messages and calls stating we looking for other candidates right now and a call stating 15 % is what we looking for hike and setup a call with sr manager, and he is very unprofessional in the call and said I will be notified in 3 days, no reply even after a week and I have to call and check what happened and got reply most of the team is on leave [ Team is always on leaves ] and week after that when I called back they said they trying a next candidate and will call after 2 months.. but luckily I got better offer in a very good company and with the salary range what they said is too high more than that,Even if they offer I decided not to go because the kind of work and importance of the team in company . I am very lucky that I didn't get job in this company. I experienced the people and managers mentality. May be this team in particular like that.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three rounds, first one was to write a program and then interviewers asked questions on that. This was relatively easy.
    Second was more of intuit values where the interviewer asked scenarios which lead to using their values. As long as you are an ethical employee, this should be easy.
    Third was on a different day. This was difficult for me, mostly focussed on getting the absolute best possible solutions to the questions asked. At the end, the interviewer clearly mentioned that I needed more practice, which I was glad to hear.
    All the interviewers were very professional and the process is a joy in itself.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview starts off with a brief phone interview with HR followed by hiring manager. The ask you to prepare a program before coming in and present it. I was impressed with that part of the interview but that was the extent of it.

The staff they have focus on a lot of details that don't really address whether you're a good engineer or not. They were more interested in the munition of the language than anything else. It was also frustrating that they gave no time for you to ask questions or get a feel for exactly what they were looking for. It seemed to me they were more interested in their own needs than having a mutually beneficial conversation. I really felt this wasn't a fit for them or me after I left and wouldn't have taken an offer if one was given. Pay was too low and job seems like you'd be battling your way through all the time.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the cyclomatic complexity of a given function?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first phone interview was from HR to verify information on your resume, etc. Then it was technical screen interview. It lasted 30 minutes. very basic technical questions.
    Onsite interview was in the following week.
    Two weeks later, I got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round screening, which was scheduled for an hour but went about 10 minutes over. Interviewer was professional and not a text book questioner.

I was called in for an on-site for about 5 hours.

Interviewed with the manager over lunch then I was handed over to engineering folks to interview.

I was provided a computer to work on and asked to implement some questions. It is called craft work. Went well and the interviewers confirmed I had the solution.

Next it was QE and Engineers - this was the interview, which was very interesting in terms of questions asked - mock data, unit test, code coverage etc. Very relevant ones. Ensuring bridge between QE and Engg. Then I was interviewed by the Product Manager. All of them confirmed that I had answered them everything that they were looking for.

Now this get comically interesting to me. 4 days later I get a call from HR to inform me that I did well and they liked my attitude and answers, but team has decided not to hire me instead refer me to other teams and I am still active. Most bizzare - say either yes or no. And, for that reason, I have given a thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• Craft presentation - implement todo application.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I was asked typical data structure and algorithm questions. Other questions revolving around objective-c patterns (since I was really being interviewed as an iOS candidate). Was pretty disappointed with the overall interview process since I never even heard from Intuit after the interview. Even if I didn't ace the technical interview questions, it would have been great to get some feedback. I talked with some engineers who came across as very bright, others seemed pretty average. I didn't really get the sense that any of them 'loved' their job and most get pigeon holed into projects that turn engineers into specialists, not generalists.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to perform a binary tree sort. *They really wanted to make sure I understood recursion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Intuit Response

20 Mar 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.