Intuit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 25 Mar 2019

3.1

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (Fremont, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The HR scheduled for a telephonic technical interview. But when i got the call it was all behavioral questions asked. No questions on my current project. No technical questions or coding. Just one agile related question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter and co ordinator did a very good job of connecting me to the team and getting me scheduled for in person interview at Mountain View Campus.

On the day of the interview I was told that the first hour was something about "Work and Crafts" it was not clear if they would demo what the team is working on to me or if I am supposed to demo my current work project to them. Even the team was confused about it and they apologized as they told me I was the first candidate with the new interview process.

First round with two senior member on the team (both seemed to have 10+ years of experience). The question itself was a standard career cup question but the attitude of the interviewers was were very negative. It quickly turned into an ego clash between my interviewers and I was hardly given a chance to make progress on the actual question which was constantly modified by the second interviewer. Being a team of 3 members I quickly figured out I would not want to work with them.

Manager was very professional and asked about my current application architecture and a few design questions. Overall good interview.

Finally the PM was also nice and professional and asked me how I would test the current application architecture. And had a conversation about the application they were working on.

Overall the interview was good in terms of the questions but the attitude of the interviews in the first round was extremely bad. In the 1.5 hours interview they were debating about the question for over 40 min between themselves.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter followed by technical phone interview. The onsite interview occurred within a week of the initial contact. The offer came within a few days after the onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Un professional recruiters and managers, scheduled interview and canceled right before the day stating the entire team took off for a week .. still I am thinking how can it be possible and how important team is in company!!!.
    we need to follow up with recruiters on what happened. and no one officially called and explained what happened. and after the interview everything was positive except my salary ask and they want to reduce my range so put on hold and in between messages and calls stating we looking for other candidates right now and a call stating 15 % is what we looking for hike and setup a call with sr manager, and he is very unprofessional in the call and said I will be notified in 3 days, no reply even after a week and I have to call and check what happened and got reply most of the team is on leave [ Team is always on leaves ] and week after that when I called back they said they trying a next candidate and will call after 2 months.. but luckily I got better offer in a very good company and with the salary range what they said is too high more than that,Even if they offer I decided not to go because the kind of work and importance of the team in company . I am very lucky that I didn't get job in this company. I experienced the people and managers mentality. May be this team in particular like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a call with HR who scheduled a call with a senior engineer. HR told it will be a tech interview, Prepared accordingly. But the interview was more about what I am currently doing in my current company. I got a call from HR next day, saying they won't move forward since I am a QA person and I don't have industrial AWS experience and all i have is educational AWS knowledge. I clearly mentioned all of this in my first round with the HR, I don't know why they scheduled the call for tech interview and rejected there for this reason. At-least the engineer could have asked me questions in AWS and other technology and decided based on that. I feel I wasted my precious time . At the end of it, I felt why can't a QA person move to dev role ? why ppl dont give a chance? . HR was professional throughout and kind enough to call back and give feedback personally which is very much appreciable, kudos to her.

Interview Questions

• What's your current role ? etc etc about what I am doing currently.   Answer Question

Intuit Response

20 Mar 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Intuit. While we strive to do our best there is always room for improvement. If you wouldn't mind emailing more details on... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got an email from an Intuit recruiter. She saw me through LinkedIn. We had a 30 minutes phone call and then she transferred my case to another recruiter. The later gave me a phone call and said there might be a technical phone interview in a few days. I waited a few days, but nothing was scheduled. So I sent a follow-up email to ask what happened. Never got a reply. I think it's really not professional. At least should let me know what is going on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Woodland Hills, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview with lead went well. Asked me to come in for an in-person interview with the lead developers and then the architect and finally the manager. Asked to prepare a small craft project for the interview. Spent probably 8 hrs on a great PHP site which was perfect for a small website, only to be told it needed to be in Java. The requirements also specify a login so I did a basic email login but they actually wanted full authentication and session management which was also not specified. Similarly I was asked by HR to prepare a 20 min talk but the hiring manager did not seem interested in hearing the presentation. They said I had a week and should have spent a lot longer on the craft project. After a 30 min interview I don't see how anyone could justify spending 2 or 3 days on an interview project. Need to get HR and the hiring manager on the same page regarding the requirements and the interview process. Please just specify the technologies to use and it will be done, or if you want people to choose the right tool for the job then the solution will not be in Java.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions, no whiteboard coding, no difficult algorithm questions, no OOP design questions. Just basic stuff regarding technology and previous experience.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intuit (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a t\echnical phone screen. After passing the phone screen you would get assigned craft work. Craft work being a "take home" project bounded to 3-6 hours where you develop a project. If you pass the craft work you then proceed to an onsite face to face interview that lasts three to four hours. I had a panel and three one on one sessions. Questions started technical and Object Oriented. Others were the more open ended behavioral style that extends the popular STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Face to face consisted of technical questions, STAR behavioral questions, and agile specific questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the hiring manager.

Onsite consists of craft demo- deep dive into one of your favorite project. 2 rounds of technical questions mostly on concepts and topics. 3 hour coding round on your laptop.

Worst recruiter ever. Did not even have the courtesy to provide feedback. Learn to respect candidate as they invest their time in your process. Do not waste your time and energy at this company though I wouldn’t like to generalize.

Interview Questions

• NDA but coding code is not that hard but you will end up googling A lot if you are not working in the same field.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three rounds, first one was to write a program and then interviewers asked questions on that. This was relatively easy.
    Second was more of intuit values where the interviewer asked scenarios which lead to using their values. As long as you are an ethical employee, this should be easy.
    Third was on a different day. This was difficult for me, mostly focussed on getting the absolute best possible solutions to the questions asked. At the end, the interviewer clearly mentioned that I needed more practice, which I was glad to hear.
    All the interviewers were very professional and the process is a joy in itself.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.