LinkedIn Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me with a fifteen minutes phone screen by checking for my background. Then arranged a coding test the following week. I thought I did OK, but they did not arrange onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Two engineers gave me a coding test on CoderPad. They asked me about the recent tasks of my job, and gave me an array calculation question   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was scheduled to go through the first round interview. They told me the night before that they couldn't find anyone to interview me. They asked me to give additional dates to reschedule the interview for, but they never responded to me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and set up a technical interview, which was your classic CoderPad situation. I had a second CoderPad interview, and when I was struggling, I "heard" them turn the mute button on, which honestly is a little intimidating. One of the two interviewers was very condescending throughout the entire interview and sounded annoyed when I was simply asking clarification questions before starting to code. Question wise, they were pretty easy--I just got flustered and nervous.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online. I had a phone interview within 3 weeks. Asked coding and machine learning related questions as the role was machine learning specific. I was asked to implement a data structure and then to optimize it.

Interview Questions

• Implement a data structure having add, sub, remove features.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I would use them as interview practice if you’re in the bay but probably not worth traveling for. There was some good and bad things along the way. Remember, we’re in an industry that loves to place a few companies on a pedestal and LinkedIn is one of them, but here is a fair assessment and I recommend deciding for yourself and for your career if they’re a good fit.

PROS

1. 2 Nights of Hotels - This is great if you’re out of town and scoping things out for a potential relocation.

2. Interviewers and Recruiters - They were generally affable people.

3. Fair Technical Questions - No gotchas, just direct questions.

CONS

1. Diversity - Diversity is great. Unfortunately, the majority of the interviewers were East Asian and there was maybe one native English speaker on the loop? Nothing wrong with that per se, I’m all for diversity and these employees are probably bright, but diversity is lacking here. The common American ethnicities are underrepresented here, I saw maybe 2 black people in the whole building, and the only Latinos are the ones serving up the free coffee and food, diverse, right? Don’t believe me? Look at their 2018 diversity report. Also, expect some communication issues if you’re a native English speaker.

2. Location - Sunnyvale is probably the suburb of the South Bay, which is saying something since the South Bay is just one big suburb. If you want to live in SF, remember that a 90 minute commute one-way will be your life. I personally did not feel comfortable being in a work environment that looked not like a tech company but like a Midwestern suburb with more sun.

3. Interviewers - While they were generally affable, you can tell a lot of them are young and inexperience. There was no clear direction for the interviewers and the shadows loved to interrupt and kill the flow of interviews. One of the hiring managers felt more interrogatory than curious, and once again, communication can be an uphill battle if you’re a native English-speaker.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Mediums and 1 System Design, as well as 1 Hiring manager chat.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through the GHC resume database and received a coding challenge, after that told that I didn't pass... Overall, the coding challenge was pretty user-friendly and wasn't particularly challenging, though it was for a sophomore at college.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Process was quick. I got a phone screen after speaking with a recruiter on the phone within a week. 2 technical questions of medium leetcode difficulty. Got feedback from that and went onsite a week later.

Onsite was terrible. First interviewer ran 20 minutes late, had me to a coding exercise on a laptop meant for an hour which I only had 30 minutes to complete. Then I had system design which went fine. After lunch I got placed in the wrong room, and sat there until someone else’s meeting was scheduled to start in that same room. I then had to navigate to another room for my algorithm interview. This also started late, and was a hard level leetcode question. The hiring manager round was fine.

For someone to fly out of state for this kind of experience, makes me question if this is a place worth working. How can you gauge my skills if you don’t even show up to interview me on time? Is this a reflection of how this company treats its perspective employees? Interviewing is a time consuming task, especially for the interviewee who has taken a whole day to put forth towards a company they wish to work at, and for what...to be judged unfairly?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The worst experience ever.
    Two Chinese guys weren’t able to speak clearly and were on speakerphone in a loud room.
    I was able to solve the issues though.
    Got rejected the same day.
    Linkedin, please improve your hiring practices.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

* Recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn
    * Chatted with a recruiter, who said there were two open positions and asked me to apply for a specific one after talking through the options.
    * Applied online through the LinkedIn site
    * 1 hour interview process, interviewer was really nice
    * All day interview

Interview Questions

• How would you find the greatest depth in a binary search tree?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and received a HackerRank exercise about a month and a half later. Upon completion, it took them a few weeks to provide a rejection even though I met all the test cases.

Interview Questions

• A string-type problem and a dynamic programming problem.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.