Progress Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Progress Interview Questions

Interviews at Progress

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIN. Received an email 2 days later from the company recruiter to set up a phone screening. Stacy was kind and helpful in explaining the compensation and base salary, and made sure I was aware this would be a remote position indefinitely. After the phone screening I was asked to set up a time for a 30 minute zoom interview with the person who would be my sales manager. Very simple questions, really just trying to figure out if you can have a back and forth conversation and have an interest in pursuing sales as a career. The next day I received an email asking to schedule a time to meet with 2 AE's I'd be working with. Again, just trying to make sure you can have a back and forth conversation, can honestly explain why you want to get into sales, and that you know what you're getting into. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges you had in your previous role?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR for phone interview. We scheduled out meeting and had very short phone call. The salary was not in my range and was way below.

Interview Questions

• HR asked him Pre-Interview questions like US Citizen, Work Schedule, and Salary.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress in October 2018.

Interview

I didn't go through the whole process. Had 1 phone screening with the recruiter and one phone interview with the Hiring Manager. It was a great experience, they were both very professional and made me feel comfortable during our conversation.

Information Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress in August 2018.

Interview

I submitted an online application, was contacted via email by a HR person about a week later, had a short phone screen with the HR person shortly afterwards, then a phone interview with several hiring managers the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Instructional Design and Technical Writing?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progress (Worcester, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Speedy but somewhat Awkward. Interview Arranger and Telephone Interviewer both seemed a bit flustered but I would chalk that up to new interviewer jitters. Honestly they seemed more nervous than I was. The screener was, however, very refreshingly concerned with my experience at the company and seemed focused on making sure that I fulfilled my own desires. As someone looking for Robotics Work, software is not my first choice but I am looking to build up my resume and portfolio to achieve that later, a fact which he seemed quite happy with. Overall I appreciated his candor and honesty, and I was offered a face to face at the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• What experience with C do you have? What is your preferred language?   Answer Question

Software Engineering (Technical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of an informal phone screen and then an onsite. The onsite was an hour-long, with mostly behavioral and one technical portion. For the technical portion, I was given the option of one 10 minute whiteboard coding problem or several smaller, more generic CS questions. I chose the latter path.

Interview Questions

• Mostly stuff related to NodeJS (they will ask you things related to what you will be working on)   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed, I applied for the position, the next day I had a phone screen interview with my Recruiter which lasted 30minutes. That same day after the phone screen, I then made it to the next round speaking with one of the managers over the phone for 30minutes which went really well. The next step, my recruiter reached out to me and told me that I was going to the next round, which was the on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted about an hour. It went extremely well, they asked about my background, and also things I like to do outside of work. Afterwards, I followed up with my recruiter after the interview. Then I received the offer. Overall, the process was great, and my recruiter stayed in contact with me every step of the way

Interview Questions

Progress Response

16 Nov 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience meeting with the team!

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, was contacted quickly and went in to interview with 3 people. Now, 3 weeks later, no feedback at all despite having reached out with follow up emails. Gotta say, very disappointed in the lack of professionalism ... especially for a recruiting role! If the recruiters are the "face" of the organization initially, and this is the way they operate with candidates, wow!! Thanks but no thanks. I suppose the reputation that Progress has in the market is apparently well deserved.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very complicated, standard questions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Had three interviews (two by phone and one in person). I also had a chance to speak with peers, which helped me feel comfortable about joining the company. The hiring manager also assured me that they don't cap earnings and want their people to do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience selling technology to large enterprise?   1 Answer

Progress Response

26 Jan 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. Yes, we often have candidates meet with their peers in order to gain a better understanding of what it would be like to work in the role and to learn more about the culture.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Progress (Lowell, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was 2 rounds Interview.
    First round was a phone conversation, they basically select you in this round.
    They check whether your skills and experience meet their current openings.
    Second round was onsite.
    Lots of discussion with different stake holders of the team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.