Thomson Reuters Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very quick and detailed. The hiring manager was very responsive and communicative. There was a phone interview and two in person interviews. I've interviewed for a former role and did not get the offer, but with this hiring manager the process was really quick.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds.
    First HR,followed by coding
    Coding round was little lengthy.
    I asked the HR what they were looking for but he didn't give me anything and said that they are just gonna go through basic skills.
    But in person they had a huge list of requirements.
    HR was not well informed.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Jun 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience and plan to follow up directly with the persons involved. We would like to hear from you directly and encourage you to email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com so that we can address this issue and assure you that this is not a typical experience with Thomson Reuters. Despite your negative experience, we are very happy that you have decided to join us and know that your experience moving forward will be a better one. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bingham Farms, MI (US)).

Interview

was very simple interview, it took around an hour to complete the interview, I felt very comfortable about the interviewer, I got the approve at the same day and the whole thing took about three weeks from background check to drug test and of course the interview

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Jul 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a University Career Fair. On site interview was with a dozen other interviewees. The people were very polite and welcoming, and seemed to have a positive view of their work culture. Met with four groups of people. No formal "technical" part; just verbally quizzed me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

3 Apr 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First round is a telephonic interview round.
    After that onsite interview round in different departments like Database, Java etc and based on your experience and knowledge you are selected in one of them

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Java. Collections, link list in java etc. Also asked about Java projects   Answer Question

3 Apr 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters and for your time, participation and review of the interview process.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Basic questions about software and databases. Generally it was a fair and simple interview process that involved talking to five people on site over about 2 hours. The employees focuses on current project work and what needed to be done and asked questions about how you would solve some of the problems that they have. It was an ok process that was good for discussion and getting to know the people that work there.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

At the time, 3 years ago, hiring process was very loose. Currently (mid 2010) the management group hiring process would be very different. It was one of few places that had no technical assessment at all, just general questions with a few managers after one screening call. Today the managers are very technically saavy and technical requirements would be carefully checked. If you don't reasonably meet requirements, you're going to be butchered at interview.

Interview Questions

• All question at the time were very basic, non technical, let's see if you sound like you know what you're talking about..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Offer and benefits and location were all good.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2019.

Interview

Got an HR referral. Went through a HackerRank coding test with all easy questions. Got invited into an onsite interview with two 45 minute interview sessions with two people. Some behavioral questions and one technical coding question each. Both were easy. One of my scheduled interviewers didn't make it and they had to change it last minute to some other senior engineer. He drilled me on an implementation detail of a project I had done in my previous internship and didn't leave enough time for me to solve the coding question. Suggestion: maybe focus more on evaluating the technical ability of your candidates.

Interview Questions

• -detect if two words are anagrams of each other
      -count number of unique words in an array of words   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Online Assessment: 3 questions on HackerRank. Two easy one medium.
    Online Interview: Codepair and WebEx. Talked about my past experience at the beginning and solved a coding question in the rest of the time. 45 minutes in total.
    Invited onsite now and preparing for 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 arrays of integers, find the number of integers in array 1 that are less than every integer in array 2 (i.e. return an array same size as array 2)   Answer Question

25 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2019.

Interview

- Online hackerrank test.
    - One pair programming.

- One whiteboard coding.
    - One background/ culture fit interview.

Interview Questions

• First round is a very basic array manipulation algorithm.

The terrible part is the second round whiteboard coding where the interviewer started late for about 20 min (technical issue from previous) and ended it 10 min earlier!

He did not specify his question clearly at all, and after my first quick check with him before coding, he did not stop me from coding the wrong thing then told me the "actual" question???I've never been to an onsite interview messy like this. It's only till the latter half of the interview when he just changed the problem description, then I understood what he was actually going to test me about. When I tried to re-organized my idea, it was way too late. There's NO positive or meaningful discussions during this interview. I'm really angry about how much hard work I put into interview preparation and then just ended up like that!   Answer Question

25 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at human.resources@tr.com with relevant details. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.