Thomson Reuters Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Thomson Reuters Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First round is a telephonic interview round.
After that onsite interview round in different departments like Database, Java etc and based on your experience and knowledge you are selected in one of them

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Java. Collections, link list in java etc. Also asked about Java projects   Answer Question

3 Apr 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters and for your time, participation and review of the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a University Career Fair. On site interview was with a dozen other interviewees. The people were very polite and welcoming, and seemed to have a positive view of their work culture. Met with four groups of people. No formal "technical" part; just verbally quizzed me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

3 Apr 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bingham Farms, MI (US)).

Interview

was very simple interview, it took around an hour to complete the interview, I felt very comfortable about the interviewer, I got the approve at the same day and the whole thing took about three weeks from background check to drug test and of course the interview

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Jul 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Basic questions about software and databases. Generally it was a fair and simple interview process that involved talking to five people on site over about 2 hours. The employees focuses on current project work and what needed to be done and asked questions about how you would solve some of the problems that they have. It was an ok process that was good for discussion and getting to know the people that work there.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

At the time, 3 years ago, hiring process was very loose. Currently (mid 2010) the management group hiring process would be very different. It was one of few places that had no technical assessment at all, just general questions with a few managers after one screening call. Today the managers are very technically saavy and technical requirements would be carefully checked. If you don't reasonably meet requirements, you're going to be butchered at interview.

Interview Questions

• All question at the time were very basic, non technical, let's see if you sound like you know what you're talking about..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Offer and benefits and location were all good.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds.
    First HR,followed by coding
    Coding round was little lengthy.
    I asked the HR what they were looking for but he didn't give me anything and said that they are just gonna go through basic skills.
    But in person they had a huge list of requirements.
    HR was not well informed.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

8 Jun 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. We are disappointed to hear about your negative... More

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru) in January 2011.

Interview

Aptitude which consisted of Math, English, Logic.
    Technical round - C, C++, C#, Brain Teasers
    HR round - Just a formality
    The questions asked in aptitude were really hard and the ratio that cleared the first round was 10 : 100. Finally 2 : 10 got selected.
    It was a 1 day process.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2008.

Interview

A 3 stage process consisting of :
    Initial telephone screen.
    Tech test
    Panel interview
    The technical test involved critiquing some crap code followed by a scenario in which a team of developers had worked for 6 months on a trivial piece of software and were jumping ship. If you did 'well' on this you got appointed Senior Dev on the road to Team Lead. If you struggled to understand how such incompetence could have been allowed in the first place you just hadn't got a clue about the dismal performance that management engendered at TR.

Interview Questions

• Comment on piece of really old crap code circa Java 1.1   1 Answer

Negotiation

They knocked £2k off the salary I was put forward on. Do not let them know how desperate you are for a regular income. The fact that you are entertaining a role paying in the bottom dectile needs to be justified by a commitment to some higher ideal. Tell them you have heard they are a great company to work for LOL!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru) in August 2018.

Interview

On-campus recruitment process, there was a written test questions was all about technical aptitude majority from java and c#, after 1st round 12 members has been shortlisted, then they took us to their work place and break us into groups to conduct group activities.
    1st one is the LEGO activity
    2nd round is innovation pitch where you need to present a contribution or your idea of new product to Thomson Reuters (they informed us one week prior to interview process)
    3rd round is face to face(2 officials to one student), it consists of 3 parts ability test, they will ask you questions to test your ability in group,2nd part technical consists of 5 questions one 1 puzzle one pattern printing 3 coding problem that was a easy round,3rd part is about why you want to join company, what would you like to say about company and interview process (kind of personal interview)
    4th round group activity, given you the existing project details(model diagram, human resource testing team development team architects business analysts, delivery date time limit) asks your team to upgrade the process, team need to plan and present where officials in Thomson Reuters evaluate ask you doubts and questions on it.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

10 Sep 2018 – Sr Recruiting Systems Analyst

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview Process was reasonable. I got screened through my local University Career fair. Followed by 1 Hacker Rank Coding Challenge, Followed by Technical 1 hour interview with Senior Developer. NOTE SENIOR DEVELOPER ONLY ASKS ONE QUESTION FOR THE ROLE, THAT ONE QUESTION IS KIND OF LIKE 2 PUT TOGETHER. Last was the in-person technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Implementing 1 hash table data structure which is in for insert and look up operation and API for look up for a key for parameter and return value associated to the key look up

Insert will take key and value and insert the pair for the data structure.   1 Answer

15 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.