Adobe Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adobe Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Adobe

3.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

I had several back-and-forth interactions with a recruiter over LinkedIn and email, followed by two separate phone calls with two recruiters. I was promised a technical screen, but then was unceremoniously dumped -- I never heard back again from the company.

The recruiters were not technically savvy, and their behavior was unprofessional. I was overqualified for the posted position having had experience working for a top-tier company and a well-known, extremely relevant product. But because I did not check the boxes of exact number of years and very specific keywords they were looking for, they treated me poorly. First they were reluctant to schedule a technical screen, which was absurd given my resume. Then they agreed to schedule it, but ghosted me. Follow-up emails I sent were never returned.

Regardless of whether I was the best fit for the role or not, Adobe's interactions were extremely unprofessional and completely unacceptable. I would not apply there again nor recommend any of my friends in the industry to do so.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know the exact number of years I had worked with each programming language.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview was scheduled on a Saturday. Worst experience I had. I had reached by 11 30 and had first round at 4 30 because there was limited pannel. Hr didn't organize the process at all. They have to value the candidate time aslo.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Carlos, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I have applied through the college portal. Got connected to hiring manager directly and got an interview for 45mins with the hiring manager. Later on, HR connected to find out about my expectations and available time. Since then disappear into thin air

After multiple followups still no sign.

Such a shame from the large firm for being unprofessional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

After referral from a 3rd party recruiter, my 1st contact was a call with the hiring manager in Engineering. We spoke briefly about Adobe / The role and my experience, then into technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how a secure transaction works on the internet.   1 Answer
    • Q: Compare React with other JavaScript frameworks.   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you start a new software application project?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Spoke with two talent scouts regarding positions on two different teams. Was asked behavioral questions. Moved on to phone interview with engineering manager for one position and senior engineer for the other. Was rejected by both.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I recently completed (and flunked) a full interviewing sequence for the Senior Mac/iOS C++ Engineer on the Adobe Application Platform (Torque Native) team and thought it might be useful to recap the experience for the next interview victim coming down the chute. Torque hasn’t been officially announced yet, so I can’t divulge details as to what Adobe has planned, but the Adobe Application Platform name and Torque (codename?) were made public in the job postings so I feel safe to at least refer to them at this point.

Unlike companies like Google, Facebook and LinkedIn (where a pool of engineers from across the company grill a particular candidate to see if they can pass a number of very high technical hurdles), Adobe matches Apple in that a particular team with a specific position in mind will interview the candidate. I did a separate interview for a separate Adobe team two months prior where there were four engineers and one manager doing the interviewing and in that case, almost every engineer on the other team asked me Google-style algorithms questions. For this Torque Native team interview, I had four interviewers in total were one was a manager and the other three were peer engineers. Two of the engineers asked domain specific questions (for my Macintosh & iOS specialty) that I didn’t feel were out of line for the position. The last engineer asked me the brain-freezing questions that torpedoed me out of the running. I’m recapping some of the questions this guy asked me below so you’ll have them in mind in case you’ll be talking to this particular team yourself.

The location in San Francisco is in a former warehouse space that was beautifully renovated a few years back, and they’re in the process of renovating it yet again (all cube walls have been half height up until now, and supposedly Adobe is moving towards the trendy — and IMHO not productive — open plan office space variety). Adobe is picking up other buildings around their original 601 Townsend space, so their cafeteria was also recently renovated and expanded to accommodate the increased population. Unlike Google, Facebook and LinkedIn (where everything in the cafeteria are completely gratis & free), Adobe employees actually have to pay for their lunches. Free soft drinks, fizzy water and fruit are available in the cafeteria and in kitchens on each work floor.

Something else I wasn’t impressed with was that Adobe recruiters are not nearly as helpful as recruiters at other big Silicon Valley companies, such as Amazon or Apple, in terms of preparing you for your interviewers. While the coordinator (a separate person from the recruiter) will likely send you a list of interviewers names prior to the interview, you won’t have any idea of what the interviewers will be talking about so it’ll actually be a challenge to know what to expect when you actually speak to the team. Three out of my four interviewers were friendly and collaborative, one of the engineers was overtly hostile. One useful recommendation I can come up with is to look up your interviewer’s LinkedIn profiles and make an educated guess.

Hopefully my experience flunking Adobe’s Torque Native engineering team interview will help you to prepare for your own day. If you find any of the information I post here to be useful, please let me know by clicking the "helpful" button below. This helps motivate me to be as detailed as possible in my recaps. Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

• What’s the difference between asynchronous and multi-threaded?   3 Answers
    • What’s the difference between Processes and Threads?   4 Answers
    • If you have two threads trying to set results on the same address in memory, what’s the assembly language instruction used to achieve synchronization?   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I had a telephone call with the computer scientist and then onsite discussion with 4 other team members. They never asked anything tough and were asking very general questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process started off with a phone interview with hiring manager, and then I was invited on-site where I had face-to-face interviews with 4 engineer on the team, the recruiter and the hiring manager. The interviews were pretty straight-forward. They mostly consisted of behavioral questions regarding past experience.

Interview Questions

• The company uses scrum for project planning; so, they asked lots of questions regarding scrum, past experience, pros/cons, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by telephone interview with the Hiring Manager. Hiring Manager was really impressed with the discussion and the second round of telephone interview with a Kid in the team. This kid has no clue as to what he was talking. Was asked by the Kid why i am applying for this position even when i have more than 14 years of experience. Later the recruiter was kind enough to call me and say i do not fit the job profile.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

It was long and detailed but focused on fit with the culture and general skill. It was very good, but lengthy.

Negotiation

Simple.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.