Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions

3.2

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

contacted by recruiter via linked in.
had 3 interviews, mostly average questions about pass experiences and what not. there is a bit of coding but not too hard.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview at a job fair. Multiple teams. Different roles. You get to choose teams and vice versa. If there's a match, then 1 interview per team the next day. Fairly easy process.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   2 Answers
    • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (New Delhi) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview takes place over the phone first. If one clears phone interview, then he/she is called in for personal interview. There are about 5 rounds of interviews. Questions asked for technical position pertain to core computer science skills and to relevant experience areas. There is also 1 HR interview. Afterwards there is a selection meet where it is decided if the candidate is hire/no-hire

Interview Questions

• Some questions around creating XML parsers   Answer Question
    • Some questions around algorithms and data structures such as trees etc.   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in March 2008.

Interview

- 3 written tests of 45 minutes each on 1) C/C++ 2) Algorithm/datastructures 3) quantitative analysis kills.

- followed by 4 round of interviews.

- the interview questions were fundamental however, the interviewers are more interested in looking at the code i wrote on while board rather than thinking process. Only one of the interviewer specifically targeting checking my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Malloc is used to allocate memory. write a simplistic
      void * malloc(length) * free(void*) which work efficiently.   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in February 2008.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 4 technical rounds. They were interview questions related to C/C++ and a lot of writing of code.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida) in July 2009.

Interview

A written Test which has three section 1) cpp/java MCQ 2) Algorithm MCQ 3) QA

At least 4 technical interview followed by 1 HR interview

Interview Questions

• Design a sorting algo which can take any type of input.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation. I have to accept everything which was offered to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru) in April 2009.

Interview

Totally ill-informed — i was called in for a senior programmer role. my resume spoke of my proficiency being in Java, web stack, and most things open-source.

The first they ask me is whether I'd be willing to work on Cold Fusion, and be ok, if there was zero Java work. While i'm totally fine with a potential switch in technology, but i'm so not ok with someone asking me to switch to a proprietary tech stack that is *only* used within their workplace.

Ever since, ColdFusion is almost dead (for good)!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to leave behind working on Java or anything open-source, to work on ColdFusion?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.