Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Adobe

3.2

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

contacted by recruiter via linked in.
had 3 interviews, mostly average questions about pass experiences and what not. there is a bit of coding but not too hard.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview at a job fair. Multiple teams. Different roles. You get to choose teams and vice versa. If there's a match, then 1 interview per team the next day. Fairly easy process.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   3 Answers
    • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Interview Questions

• very basic OO programming questions.   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in March 2008.

Interview

- 3 written tests of 45 minutes each on 1) C/C++ 2) Algorithm/datastructures 3) quantitative analysis kills.

- followed by 4 round of interviews.

- the interview questions were fundamental however, the interviewers are more interested in looking at the code i wrote on while board rather than thinking process. Only one of the interviewer specifically targeting checking my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Malloc is used to allocate memory. write a simplistic
      void * malloc(length) * free(void*) which work efficiently.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (New Delhi) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview takes place over the phone first. If one clears phone interview, then he/she is called in for personal interview. There are about 5 rounds of interviews. Questions asked for technical position pertain to core computer science skills and to relevant experience areas. There is also 1 HR interview. Afterwards there is a selection meet where it is decided if the candidate is hire/no-hire

Interview Questions

• Some questions around creating XML parsers   1 Answer
    • Some questions around algorithms and data structures such as trees etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida) in April 2019.

Interview

Pathetic experience with these pathetic people having cheap attitude I was excited to go there because of the products I have known, but when I was there talking to these individuals(absent minded, no value for other's time, no respect for candidates , Self-centered, Arrogant), I have lost all my respect
    The whole interview procedure is not about assessing the candidates based on his/her skill, but it's about satisfying the ego of self proclaimed experts who have fixed answers in their mind from websites and if your answer(code) is not matching, you are wrong. If you ask why, no fact or explanation is required.

I don't understand what these guys are so boastful about If they come on the other side of the table they will not be able to answer the same level of questions. They are so disrespectful the moment you disagree if they say something is not right....so it doesn't matter what the fact is, just because they say it's wrong it's wrong.

HR has only one role, convey the message, they don't bother how candidate are being treated. This Company is good only on pages and website, when it comes to

Interview Questions

• 1st Round:
      1. Interviewer said he didn't have my resume so he wants me to tell him about my career, but he has no interest in listening, no eye contact(busy doing something on his laptop)
      2. inorder traversal of Binary tree without using recursion
      3. to write set/get method for LRU
      4. How to cover N-steps using 1/2 steps at a time

The interviewer has fixed questions and answers memorized and if you are thinking and writing the code, he is not interested. He wants you to write code in a jiffy(5-10mins). He will keep giving you the look as if what is there to think.

For Q3, my code was right, but since I used(iterator for list) an unordered_map<int, pair<list<int>::iterator, int>>, without even going through the code he says it won't work, because iterator cannot be used. Because he wanted me to use "node* ", a linked list using C-type implementation.

There is no end of learning algorithms, and if some bunch of moron thinks they have learnt enough and know everything do a little thing called self-assessment and you will know where you stand.

2nd Round: I was asked to provide the design and implement the code for a game "Minesweeper", as I didn't know much about this game so I asked to provide more details, the interviewer just shown me by playing it once.

This was so superb, I have seen her playing the game and I needed to complete the SDLC cycle in next 15-30 mins, I have written the code using assumption of course(as no constraints was being shared), but this was not even before I started.....God bless you guys....you are remarkably talented. Hope these are the kind of code used in your projects(running all your product)   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in February 2008.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 4 technical rounds. They were interview questions related to C/C++ and a lot of writing of code.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida) in July 2009.

Interview

A written Test which has three section 1) cpp/java MCQ 2) Algorithm MCQ 3) QA

At least 4 technical interview followed by 1 HR interview

Interview Questions

• Design a sorting algo which can take any type of input.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation. I have to accept everything which was offered to me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.