Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Adobe

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview at a job fair. Multiple teams. Different roles. You get to choose teams and vice versa. If there's a match, then 1 interview per team the next day. Fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

contacted by recruiter via linked in.
    had 3 interviews, mostly average questions about pass experiences and what not. there is a bit of coding but not too hard.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Interview Questions

• very basic OO programming questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   3 Answers
    • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (New Delhi) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview takes place over the phone first. If one clears phone interview, then he/she is called in for personal interview. There are about 5 rounds of interviews. Questions asked for technical position pertain to core computer science skills and to relevant experience areas. There is also 1 HR interview. Afterwards there is a selection meet where it is decided if the candidate is hire/no-hire

Interview Questions

• Some questions around creating XML parsers   Answer Question
    • Some questions around algorithms and data structures such as trees etc.   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in March 2008.

Interview

- 3 written tests of 45 minutes each on 1) C/C++ 2) Algorithm/datastructures 3) quantitative analysis kills.

- followed by 4 round of interviews.

- the interview questions were fundamental however, the interviewers are more interested in looking at the code i wrote on while board rather than thinking process. Only one of the interviewer specifically targeting checking my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Malloc is used to allocate memory. write a simplistic
      void * malloc(length) * free(void*) which work efficiently.   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in the Noida office.
    The hiring and interview process was all very smooth and systematic.
    They treat you very well as long as you are in the office.
    The questions asked were all very meaningful.
    The only problem I see is the lack of clarity of what they are looking for.
    Right in the first round, I told the interviewer that I haven't worked on a particular topic.
    They told me it doesn't matter much and I was interviewed all day up to the director round (5 rounds in total).
    Then they told me that they will get back to me post selection meet.
    They never got back to me. I wrote to them, but they don't bother to reply.
    Through some internal contacts, I managed to get the feedback.
    And I was rejected on the basis of that particular topic I told the guy in the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida) in February 2018.

Interview

Got a call from consultant and interview was scheduled on weekend at their 132 sec noida campus.

The interview process had 4 technical rounds followed by HR discussion. I had only round after which the HR told that the feedback is not so positive.

There were 2 people in panel and they started with asking about my current project and technical bacakground. After which they asked a ds algo question :
    Given an array of integers replace value at ith index by maximum following number.

I solved the question easily after which they gave design problem - create a search system for a document. They asked what data structure to be used and how to design.

I proposed TRIE data structure but as I was not well versed with it, I designed a solution with graphs.
    After that they asked few questions on operating system and multithreading.

The interviewers were good and friendly.Not sure what made the feedback negative as I gave almost evry answer.

Interview Questions

• Give an array of integers, replace ith element by following maxmium number.
      For eg - 2 4 8 7 6 3

2 should be replaced by max num - 8
      4 should be replaced by max num - 8
      8 should be replaced by max num - 7
      7 should be replaced by max num - 6
      6 should be replaced by max num - 3

Easy question, start iterating from end , maintain max and keep swaping ith number with max.   1 Answer
    • Desgin a search system for a document search.   3 Answers
    • What is the difference between semaphone and mutex.   Answer Question
    • How to make a method atomic. Is sysnchronized keyword works at process level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through email. Got a HackerRank test to complete within a few days, after sharing my resume. The test had different sections - Aptitude, Computer Science MCQ, Programming, etc..

After completing the test, I was scheduled for an on-site interview in their Noida office, on a Saturday. The first (and only) round was with a guy who didn't tell me anything about himself and didn't even have my resume beforehand. Asked me superficial questions like the different kinds of exceptions in Java (checked, unchecked), the difference between them and how and when we could use them, difference between unique key and primary key in SQL, the output of a javascript/jsp code snippet, static class in Java, etc.. He didn't seem quite satisfied with my answers (even when I told him that the primary key is chosen among the unique keys as per the use case) and then perhaps upon realizing that my work profile was mostly in data and backend processing, asked me to compute the no of ways to traverse a linked list from begin to end, where each node had a link to it's next node and the next node's next node. I told him my approach and wrote some combinatorial expressions but he perhaps didn't get what he was looking for.

All in all, I'd say that the HRs were quite active in setting up the whole interview process but the interviewer lacked depth and unlike other technical interviews, where you are expected to write code or solve some design problem, the interviewer was stuck with some nuances of a language (Java, JSP, etc.) or some bits of knowledge which may hardly be put to practice anyways. Didn't ask me to code at all. Maybe it didn't matter.

I don't know why Adobe interviews are so odd or removed from the actual work one may do or if their work is so unique and different indeed. Maybe the interviewers just want to bring in people like them, who have the same knowledge as themselves.The interviewer was perhaps deliberately testing me, only for edge cases as that's what their work may be all about.

Interview Questions

• What is a static class in Java?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a unique key and a primary key?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between checked and unchecked exceptions in Java? Is NullPointerException a checked or unchecked exception?   Answer Question
    • Given a linked list with n nodes and each node having a link to it's next node and a link to it's next node's next node, write an expression to find the no of ways to traverse from the first node to the last one.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.