LinkedIn Associate Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Associate Web Developer Interview Questions

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2015.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter saying he reviewed my profile and is interested in having a quick discussion regarding my past experience. I had a call from him and we discussed about the role as well as my previous experience. He scheduled 2 telephonic interviews in the next week. Telephonic interviews were with Web Development Managers and each had a question which is to be solved on collabedit. I was not selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Design markup for a search related module on linkedin. Interviewer gave me a link of a wireframe and asked me to write markup for it. After the markup he asked me to validate the it using javascript.   Answer Question
  • Design markup for implementing navigation bar. Navigation bar also has sub menus.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I was recruited via Linkedin. First, had a call with a recruiter. Then, a technical interview with a web dev on the phone where you talk shop and they ask basic quiz-like questions (box model, accessibility, semantics, JS quirks, etc). Then two 45-minute phone interviews with code tests on CollabEdit. One was pure JS based (problem solving, not CS/algorithm stuff though. Recursion was necessary.), and then an HTML/CSS one where you get a picture of a module/component and you code what you see. Then an onsite interview which consisted of 4 whiteboard interviews which were mostly hybrid HTML/CSS/JS interviews, and a lunch interview with a director of web development. Nice to have an interview process where someone who knows front end development will succeed, over another stereotypical algorithms whiteboard thing where anyone besides a recent CS grad who studied Gayle's book would be disadvantaged.

Interview Questions

• Flatten an array of arrays
      Write an implementation of jQuery's addClass() in vanilla JS (with a few added requirements)   2 Answers

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Provo, UT (US)).

Interview

I was contacted shortly (maybe a week) after applying on their website. First, a recruiter was assigned to me and would be my direct contact to work with for the entire process. She arranged a time to call me and interview me mostly to tell me how the interview process would go, to determine if I was a good cultural fit, and to get to know me in general. She too her results back to her recruiting manager. Second, she arranged a first round interview with me and gave me their LinkedIn profile so I knew them a bit ahead of time and could gear my questions around that knowledge. It was probably a 45 minute interview (they were very respectful of the time allotted) where I was asked basic HTML, CSS, and Javascript questions. Next, my recruiter arranged a 95 minute time frame for two 45 minute interviews with a break between. These interviews were tougher with more technical, down and dirty questions including live coding through collabedit. I felt comfortable through the entire process and enjoyed having a personal recruiter to report to/talk with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a specific javascript function be coded in several different ways or algorithms.   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2013.

Interview

Applied in October end almost 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1st phone screen -easy
      2nd techincal phone screen- easy
          Qs. Box model
         Qs ul and li loop optimization
        A. add event listener on ul and optimize it or use data attributes html5

3rd coding
      Qs. list of names are displayed using ul and li tag. onhover popup
      As. I could complete this exercise. Used Ajax call on how info will be displayed
       Used css absolute positioning for popup position
      use html5 data-attribute (that is what interviewer wanted).

Qs. mockup of HTML5 and CSS display infor oncl1cking the tab
      As. I did javascript but screwed in CSS.
       Don't forget to to do gradient effect and ul and li css

Interview was quite easy. don't neglect CSS3   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 phone interviews and an on-site interview. The first interview was comprised of basic HTML, CSS, and Javascript questions as well as just getting to know me (this was done by the recruiter).

The next two phone interviews were technical. The first had no coding involved but was more of getting an understanding of my thought process of certain things as well as asking more in-depth technical questions. The second one involved 2 coding questions that asked me to recreate a module with HTML and CSS then perform a certain action on it using Javascript.

The onsite interview was essentially like the third phone interview as it involved 4 technical interviews and 1 just getting an understanding of how much I knew the company and why I wanted to work for Linkedin.

Overall it was a great process and I learned so much about coding and the culture throughout the entirety of it.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave me basic HTML and CSS that created tabs and content and then told me I had to code in Javascript to make the right content show when the corresponding tab was clicked (when one tab is selected, the content of the other tabs are hidden).   1 Answer

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter, 2 phone screens with web devs (a questions-based interview, and a coding-based conference) and 4 on-campus interviews (3 technical, one with a manager). The process was very rigorous, however, I felt like the interviewers where working with you to determine what you do know, rather than trying to trip you up.

Interview Questions

• Build an HTML & CSS only image gallery with thumbnails that make the main gallery image update on hover.   Answer Question
    • Reading the gnarliest batch of CSS I've ever seen to figure out some html will appear.   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: create a recursive function that calculates the fibonacci sequence (phone interview admitted that he just threw this in because we'd finished other questions earlier).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very positive. The only place to offer me more than I asked for.

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

LinkedIn recruiter called me and it was more of HR round getting know about me and detail description about position. First technical interview followed after 2 days which had normal questions like Features of HTML 5, difference between css ID and class. Javascript framework (Jquery)

Interview Questions

• How to give <a > so that it wont take you to another page but gives you alert message.   3 Answers

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn. The first interview was a short ~30-minute phone screen. The recruiter was nice, but he asked technical questions but was obviously reading from a script and couldn't clarify the questions when they were unclear. So if he asked a question and I didn't understand what he was asking for, he just wrote down that I didn't know and moved on to something else. I think this cost me the job.

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

LinkedIn Recruiter got in touch with me via LinkedIn. Initial phone interview for culture fit, second was phone interview with discussion about my technical background, third was a technical/coding phone interview. Haven't heard back.

Associate Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews including a first screening by a recruiter, then 2 rounds of technical interviews and a last "batch day" onsite round.

The screening round was done by a recruiter who asked generally about skills and general understanding of the business of the company. The recruiter was friendly and knowledgable and told me on the spot that she was going to put me through.

The 2nd round was a conceptual technical interview, asking about how you would solve certain HTML/CSS problems. The 3rd round was a technical interview done online through a code sharing platform. I was asked to write some HTML, CSS and javascript. Nothing too complicated. Both these two rounds were done by actual web developers--they were a little awkward, apologetic even but generally friendly and helpful in the process.

The last round was an onsite round where they flew me out to their main campus in Mountain View. There were 4 interviews in total, 3 of which were technical and one was with a director to get my general understanding of the company. The other three interviewers were positive and helped me along the interview if I ran into problems. Just talking with them gave me great insight into the culture and the passion that the developers had for working at LinkedIn.

Overall a great process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, though one of the technical interviews asked me about javascript scoping and loop optimization. The questions were worded a little vaguely so that threw me off a little, but once I knew what they were asking for answering them wasn't too difficult.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.