LinkedIn Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Arduous and confused. They had almost no HR process in place

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Google's development process?   1 Answer
  • If you had the chance to tell Reid Hoffman what to focus on what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate stock. But no cash bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

Great interviewer with lots of great technical questions - and answers to go along when I did not know them. Wasn't a fit in the end, but we had a good conversation none the less.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, AR (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, AR (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

LinkedIn used two initial phone screens (one with a recruiter, one with a hiring manager), followed by a day of interviews on site. I met with 7 different people on several different functional areas: research, development, and marketing.

Interviews consisted of a mixture of several things: questions about my background and experience, case studies, and technical questions. Interviewers asked specific questions about LinkedIn's products, and asked for ideas on how to design and build these systems.

I have never had as much fun interviewing with a company as I had with LinkedIn. I had a number of very intellectually interesting discussions. I also found that LinkedIn engineers were very friendly and outgoing; I got the sense that the goal of the interviews was as much to see if they wanted to work with you as it was to see if you could contribute technically.

If you are interviewing with LinkedIn, you'll find it helpful to learn something about LinkedIn's products. You should definitely spend some time using different features on the LinkedIn web site (suggestions, groups, messages), and should also do some research on the company itself (magazine articles, open source software projects, etc).

Interview Questions

• One interviewer described a technical problem that he was trying to solve and asked how to transform it into a map step and reduce step (or set of steps) to use Hadoop.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by the recruiter , then 1:1 interviews with Engineering Manager, followed by an on-site group/panel interview. The interview sessions went fairly well (I thought). Received feedback after 5 days that the engineering team declined to make an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

They asked me to have an internet connection open and use collabedit. The interviewer kept getting phone calls and kept going out and in and was hardly focused on the interview. He also complained that he is working on someone else's laptop and could not work properly on it. I got 2 questions shown below and after answering them I got an email from the recruiter saying it was not a match.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn in July 2010.

Interview

Was asked about javascript singleton pattern, private, public vars

Interview Questions

• print a list of numbers in a row/column format vertically   3 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2009.

Interview

some simple java questions: about equals and hashCode. this is an interview from the hr, so i guess it's pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• what have to change when change equals method   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2018.

Interview

Interviewers asked a lot on what was listed in my resume, especially the projects I did. They were particularly interested in the type of AI project I did and what models I built. Technical interview was with 2 interviewers via a phone call. The call was sketchy and I couldn't get the accent of an interviewer right. Overall, it was a rather manageable interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.