LinkedIn Insight Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Insight Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

2.9

Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I was contacted by HR. He was 20 mins late for our meeting, and wasn't even paying attention when I walking him through my resume. Then I was moved to next round. HR sent me a case study to submit within 5 business days. It took me a few hours to finish the slides. After I submitted my answer, I immediately got the email that I will be notified the final decision. It's been one month, and I've followed up with HR twice. Never received any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Analyze new york motor collision data and provide insight   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in June 2019.

Interview

I was an employee referral. Had an initial phone screen that went well, and the next step was to prepare a 5-10 slide presentation on a public data set. I spent about 6 hours on the deck and submitted the presentation to the recruiter.

I had no response for two weeks. After following up a second time I received an automated email saying I was rejected. For a company that prides itself on employee development, I found this to be frustrating that I could not receive any feedback after investing this time on this project.

Interview Questions

• Analyze New York City motor vehicle collision data and provide insights for how to reduce accidents.   Answer Question

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and in less than a week I was contacted by someone in the referrals team who interviewed me for 30 minutes by phone. He pretty much wanted to go through my resume and ask me questions about my past experience and motivation for working in LinkedIn and that position. In a week or so I got an email saying they were not going to continue with my process because other applicants meet a greater number of preferred qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Concrete examples of past work experiences in which I had to do things mentioned in the job offer description.   Answer Question

Insight Analyst Interview

Interview

I was recruited on LinkedIn and spoke with a recruiter. Then after a long drawn out process to schedule another conversation, the recruiter told me "you don't have 3+ years of experience" and cannot apply. It was strange because I wasn't trying to apply. It was a very unprofessional and rude communication, as well as a waste of time.

Insight Analyst Interview

Interview

They claimed in the listing of wanting someone with experience getting insight from data using SQL and Excel while presenting results in PowerPoint; however, with 4+ years of doing just that I'm given the unqualified moniker. Unless you have an inside track or until HR writes what they actually want in their postings, I would not recommend trying their application process.

Interview Questions

• 5 yr plan (even though going turnover rate now is 2 to 3 years)   Answer Question

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted for a position on a different team than the one I had originally applied for which didn't align as well with my skill sets. The recruiter was professional enough and timely setting up my phone interview. The team manager who interviewed me however, was a rather opposite experience.

On the day of the scheduled interview I was called 20 minutes late for what was set up to be a 45 minute interview. When asked about why I was looking to leave my current job they followed with accusatory statements insinuating the company's lack of investment in my area didn't make sense if I had been doing a good job. I was asked a series of SQL questions which I was told would get increasingly difficult to assess the upper limit of my SQL knowledge. The 4th question was taking me quite a bit more time than the prior 3 so I was cut off, told to do it later on my own time, and send them the results if I figured it out. At that point it was the end time for the originally scheduled interview when they said they had to run to a meeting but if I had any questions for them they could answer in the next minute or 2 I could ask them now.

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in August 2017.

Interview

Overall review (3/5) -
    If you've worked in Analytics industry for 3+ years the expectations from this role are very basic and pretty straightforward. Interview process was quite easy and I believe that recruiters noticed that I was over qualified for this role.

Expectations from this role-
    You need to work with Sales/Account Managers of LinkedIn and provide them reports/data requests to show insights on how clients business will change post using LinkedIn product. Basically A/B testing sort of stuff where you can take a sample size of clients whose performance you can showcase before/after using LinkedIn product.

4 Interview rounds -
    1st - Shortlisting round done by HR
    2nd - Case study round (asked to work on a case study)
    3rd - Interview with 1st panel member
    4th - Interview with 2nd panel member & Technical coding round

Pros -
    + Recruitment and the Hiring team was polite and clearly communicated the expectations from the role

Cons -
    - I am still waiting to receive an official rejection email from LinkedIn. Its been 1+ month since I got interviewed
    -There was a gap of 15 days between scheduling of rounds of interview
    -It seemed that the recruiters/hiring team were too lethargic about hiring
    -No feedback was shared by the recruitment team on interviews
    -In spite of the fact that I answered all questions correctly and the hiring manager pointed that out that all my solutions were correct, he quoted "We want to interview more candidates and review their performance". It was disheartening to hear that. Candidates are not gonna wait for your 3 months recruitment process.

My recommendation -
    If you are 1-3 years experience and want a brand name on your CV, go for it. Especially if you wanna go for your MBA from Top B-School. Else the other reason can be that you want a stable life (9-6 p.m. job). No pressure. Enjoy TT/Foosball/cafeteria in office :).

But if its not the case then this would be the wrong fit. This role is not for ambitious people who want to groom their skillsets. Also please note that this role was vacant as the previous person moved to US for Data science role.

Interview Questions

• Case study question -
      What are the key benefits (using sample data) of LinkedIn company page you will showcase to client and convince him to use the product?   Answer Question

Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out. I was contacted by a LinkedIn Talent Scout through my LinkedIn page. I had an initial screening call with him to discuss the role and my suitability. At this stage I found out that the role was still waiting on final confirmation but they were starting the interview process early so that once it was approved they would already have someone lined up.

After this initial screening call I had a call with a manager on the Insights team. This call lasted roughly 45 minutes, and covered my suitability for the role, experience, and also my motivations for moving to LinkedIn. I was successful with this round and made it through to the next round - a call with a senior member of the insights team. This call covered very similar topics, looking at my experience in this area, and motivations for working in LinkedIn.

Again I was successful with this and progressed to the next round which involved completing a presentation. I was provided information on potential new client and had to put together 2 slides demonstrating the advantages of this client investing in a Career Page. I spent my weekend completing this, and put a lot of effort into this. I again was told I was successful and the next round would be face to face interviews. It was great to hear this as the process had now been going on four months, what with emails back and forth, setting up different calls, finding dates that suited managers, etc. I was told I would hear from someone in the next week or two to set up an interview.

And then nothing... I heard nothing. I then followed up with HR and was told that as the role was now getting closer to sign off that they were interviewing more people and would be in touch the following week, once they had a final list, to arrange my interview date. That was over 2 months ago and I haven't heard a thing. It is hugely disappointing after the effort I put into the different rounds of interviews and the presentation, to then be told I had an interview but then never hear back.

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively relaxed as I was referred by an Employee. It started with meeting the manager for a chat in person, followed up by a take home case study to pitch LinkedIn Solutions using data and presenting it back to manager and team, then speaking to HR and meeting additional team members to ask more questions and for them to ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch LinkedIn media solutions to a talent professional client in a two-page pitch deck using data - what data would you use and explain why you used the data you did?   Answer Question

Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

first interview (phone) was with HR recruiter, who took me through the company in detail, the role and asked questions on motivations to move, my current experience, challenges I have experienced, what I most and least like about my job.

Then I went on to have phone interview with hiring manager, where I was explained in detail the day to day of the job, the software tools used, the process from data to insights, the influence the role can have on current customers, how the team and company is growing.

Overall a very good experience, however I did not progress from here, I am happy to have learnt a lot about myself and the process that LinkedIn uses to hire their future staff.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.