LinkedIn Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

LinkedIn Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2020.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone call that was not a behavioral interview. The recruiter just wanted to ask some basic information and proceeded to talk about the logicstics of the interview process as well as the internship. Then had 2 technical phone interviews that were 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Find the Least Common Ancestor of a Sorted Binary Search Tree   Answer Question
  • Find the Least Common Ancestor of a Binary Search Tree (not sorted)!   Answer Question
  • Find an element from a rotated sorted list ex: [4,5,1,2,3]   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Received the HackerRank after applying and got a phone call from a recruiter probably a week or two later. We then set up a final interview and I found out within 4 days after that that I got the job. It took a few more days to place me on a team. My process was expedited since I had a deadline.
    My recruiter was super nice, but I didn't really like the people who I talked to during interviews which ultimately led to my decline of the offer.

Interview Questions

• how to tell if there are 3 numbers in an array that can make a valid triangle   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

hr contacted me to confirm the time of the telephone screen interview. Around 1 hr period process. Noisy background and hard to tell what she said. she was kind of impatient and talked to other people during i was coding

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2018.

Interview

One of the worst hiring process that I've been through in my internship application. I got referred by an employee in early September and didn't receive anything until mid October, where I speak with a recruiter about my interest and to set up a back-to-back phone interfview.
    1) The first phone interview (60 minutes): The question was variations of Permutations, which you can easily find on Leetcode. What's interesting to me was that my recruiter sent me details that I only have one interview for each phone call, but this one consists of two. One of the engineers doesn't seem to know backtrack (sketchy) and had to mute the phone call for about 5 minutes for the other to explain it to him. I coded up all the solution and had about 5 minutes left to ask them question

2) The second interview (60 minutes): This one went very well as the interviewer has a better accent and was able to provide clearer expectations of what I need to do. I finished 3 problems in 30 minutes and chatted with him for about 15 minutes more before we ended the call.

Got notified 2 weeks later that I was moved forward to the host matching process and another 3 weeks to find out that they couldn't match me to any project.

Overall, I feel that Google host matching is a very dumb idea and that now LinkedIn also took the exact procedure to do so this year just make it dumber. I went through a lot of emotional feelings throughout the process and sometimes feel abused by my recruiter because of her lackluster attitude when I asked if they could expedite the process because I have a competing offer. Overall, I suggest you guys abandon this host matching thing otherwise you'll lose a lot of top tech talents into other startups that will eventually one day take you guys down.

Interview Questions

• Search on Leetcode tag LinkedIn and you'll see. Don't really want to spoil the question here so people can memorize the right answer.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Two phone interviews and each takes an hour. Usually we need to finish two questions in one interview and there might be follow up questions. The time for coding is sufficient compared to 45 min phone screen in google or fb

Interview Questions

• serialize and deserialize a tree   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in October 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Got a mail from the recruiter asking the basic details about me and also asked the availability for the next two weeks. Then back to back two technical coding rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1. Compare two binary trees.
      2. Replace a given string in the Original string with another given string.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn immediately upon the listing opening and was contacted many months later through a recruiter. The interview process was pretty slow. After a pre-screening there were 2 technical interviews. These were standard coding algorithm interview questions, through an online text-sharing platform. I passed both but they took too long on my application, so there were no spots left.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree level-by-level   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I asked my friend who works at Linkedin to refer me. Then the hr called me and scheduled a technical interview. After the interview they said would not move forward my application.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

First started with a short introduction interview with the recruiter who was very helpful through out the process. Then followed by two more interviews with engineers. The technical questions are similar to Leet Code questions and leet code premium is worth it. Lots of feedback from the recruiter was very helpful.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2018.

Interview

I apply online by LinkedIn, and then they email me about to have first round interview. Then I prepared second interview, but they cancelled on the same day because they filled the position. I prepare so much for the interview for second round, but they didn't even give me chance to prove. :(

Interview Questions

• Why LinkedIn? What projects you work on?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.