LinkedIn Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 Apr 2019

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring managers at LinkedIn are the best. They do their jobs really seriously and I like it! They always try to help, try to find a suitable position for you.

However I can't actually say the same thing for the technical interviews. The software engineer I talked was not helpful at all. I was a little bit stressed, as it was my first technical phone interview about Java. We got disconnected for three times! It actually never happened to me before... interesting... Then we tried Skype. First he introduced his job, what he was working for, his position. Then he directly passed to the technical questions. I was asked some linux stuff that I never heard before. I've been using linux for many years, but... Anyways, then he asked me a programming question abou HashSet. It wasn't difficult but, the atmosphere that he was talking was really rude! I got freaked out and had an error in a line. Even when I waas writing the code, he was typing something on his computer. Then he just said "OK, they'll connect you in a bit" then turned the Skype off. Never gonna apply to LinkedIn again...

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find some specific elements (look at the output) and you should use HashSet and it should be O(n)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2018.

Interview

Job opening for Summer 2018 intern was posted on the Linkedin site. A couple weeks later a recruiter reached out and scheduled an interview. I passed the first and failed the second.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: 1 tree question + 1 array question
      Interview 2: Backtracking question (solve an NP-complete problem)   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

First a recruiter called and then set up a online coding interview. I was not able to get ready for the interview and failed. But both the recruiter and the engineer was kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implementing tree and writing recursion functions to use implemented tree.
      2. if a given number has a square root or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

One HR phone screen, two tech interviews.
    I passed all the interview process, get an oral offer from HR, but they withdrew my offer after nearly a month.
    Overall the process move very slow.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2018.

Interview

I apply online by LinkedIn, and then they email me about to have first round interview. Then I prepared second interview, but they cancelled on the same day because they filled the position. I prepare so much for the interview for second round, but they didn't even give me chance to prove. :(

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn immediately upon the listing opening and was contacted many months later through a recruiter. The interview process was pretty slow. After a pre-screening there were 2 technical interviews. These were standard coding algorithm interview questions, through an online text-sharing platform. I passed both but they took too long on my application, so there were no spots left.

Interview Questions

• Print a binary tree level-by-level   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2018.

Interview

Had the interviewer cancel on me for my final round phone interview (without telling me until AFTER the scheduled interview time had ended), delaying my process by about 2 months

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I asked my friend who works at Linkedin to refer me. Then the hr called me and scheduled a technical interview. After the interview they said would not move forward my application.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2018.

Interview

Call with recruiter, two rounds of interviews. Both rounds I chatted for a bit and solved two problems. All four problems were leetcode easy/medium. First round both were easy, second round they were easy/medium. two of 4 questions were found in the top 10 linkedin qs on leetcode. I did very well on all problems, in my opinion. The second interview I knew how to do both problems instantly and was able to analyze the problem very deeply and spew extra details about the problem. recruiter told me I had "a very good score". After applying via referral, I was contacted over a month later. Recruiter called me and talked a week later. A couple weeks later I had my first interview and a few weeks after that I got my second interview. Process was sorta slow to wait to hear from hiring committees.

Offer was 45/hr paid housing (shared room with other interns :( ) in SF. I declined because I had an offer I preferred. If you are seeing this and on the job hunt, keep at it. I am from a no-name school and have two previous internships. Use your connections, get referrals, and keep at it.

The recruiter was super awesome and very helpful. Thanks, Christian!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

First started with a short introduction interview with the recruiter who was very helpful through out the process. Then followed by two more interviews with engineers. The technical questions are similar to Leet Code questions and leet code premium is worth it. Lots of feedback from the recruiter was very helpful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.