LinkedIn Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 3 Jan 2019

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter arranging for a technical phone screen. I was scheduled it after two weeks so that I will have enough time to prepare. The interview was mainly focused on data structures . The interviewer was helpful. I thought I performed decently . But I never heard back anything about the result :( which I think is fairly unprofessional . I tried to email the recruiter about the result but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Mainly data structures, sorting. Questions in glass door would greatly help.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and was scheduled for the first Phone Interview . Gave me enough time to prepare for the interview. Scheduled my phone screen after a month. I had two interviewers interviewing me. Each person asked one algorithmic question each.

Interview Questions

• Introduce about yourself and asked algorithm questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview and full day onsite interview. The onsite interview includes more practical IT questions like writing a simple app on provided laptop, design a high-load system, simple CS question. Most questions are very alike already posted here.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn and scheduled for a phone interview. He said there will be 2 phone interviews and 1 on site.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not very difficult. There were 2 interviewers and they asked 2 questions.
      1) Implement pow(a,b)
      2) Return true if there are any users who are not following any other user but been followed by every other user.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The phone screen was pretty easy. The on-site interview process had 4-5 around including coding, technical communication, design. It went well except one coding question. The interviewer did not clarify the question much before I started to solve it.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I applied online on the website's career page and immediately after got an online assessment. The assessment consisted of two coding questions with one easy and one medium question which were doable.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode easy and medium type questions which were doable.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2017.

Interview

The entire process was split into 3 rounds.

1) HR Interview
    2) Coding Round
    3) Coding Round

HR Round: This round is a phone interview with HR. He/She will ask questions about you, your resume, your interests and judge if you are a fit for the company.

Coding Rounds: This round is a phone interview with a Software Engineer. First 5 mins they will ask about you, your resume and your interests. Then they will share a live coding platform link. eg collabedit.com and display the question there. Once one question is done. They will display the second question. For each question, they expect you to answer confidently why you have chosen this approach, the complexity of the code, does it handle all cases? and whether your code is optimal if not how can you improve it. Do explain your code while typing. It helps them to understand your approach and if you are going wrong, they can help you. Overall they want to know whether your foundation is strong or not. Lastly min or so, they will give you an opportunity to ask them questions. Utilize this opportunity to stand out, show you`ve done your research about the company and interviewer.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2017.

Interview

Got an invitation to solve a hour-long Hackerrank test. The test was quite challenging, but I managed to solve it in the nick of time. Got a call from a recruiter after, and went through an HR screening round. This was supposed to be followed by 2 technical rounds, but in my case, I had an extra final technical round after the 2 rounds. Technical questions are quite straightforward, but make sure you account for edge cases and think about how you would test your code. Read up on coding and testing best practices - they really place value on such things.

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum palindromic subsequence.
      Implement and test a Binary Search Tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur Dehat

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Kanpur Dehat) in August 2017.

Interview

Linkedin visited our campus, shortlisting was on the basis of the test followed by a technical interview of approx. an hour and HR interview of 10 mins.
    HR interview questions were standard like:- Why Linkedin?
    What do you expect from this internship?
    Tell me something about yourself?
    etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Bengaluru) in November 2018.

Interview

There were four coding questions on the Hackerrank platform based on linked lists, simple logical problems and questions on data structures and other normal logical thinking problems, the problems were average type.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.