LinkedIn Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

3.2

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in February 2020.

Interview

The overall process was very seamless. It consisted of -
- 1 HackerRank round
- 1 call with the recruiter
- 2 Telephonic Interviews
- Team Matching

Prepare well as LinkedIn offers one of the best internship programs in the industry. I would say LinkedIn leetcode high-frequency questions and cracking the coding interview will be good practice for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank - 3 sum less than k (most optimised version), 1 dynamic programming question which I dont remember
    Recruiter - It was a general discussion to see if I was a good fit for LinkedIn
    Telephonic 1 - Print Binary Tree Level order (later asked to print zig-zag level order), find all permutations of a string
    Telephonic 2 - Matching parenthesis, Valid Triangles(check leetcode)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2014.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter when LinkedIn gave a tech talk at my university. I was contacted a few weeks later saying that they wanted to interview me. First there was a 10 minute chat to discuss my interests so they could know who I should interview with. Then they scheduled a technical phone interview where I was asked 2 technical questions. After that I got set up with the final round interviews 4 days later. The final round consisted of 3 phone interviews, two 1-hour technical interviews and one 30-min non-technical interview. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a URL shortener?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

1st round Phone Screen: The lady was sweet and asked what position I was interested in and the general HR questions like what am I looking for in an internship.

2nd round Phone Technical:
    Given a sorted array with duplicates and a number, find the range in the
    form of (startIndex, endIndex) of that number. For example,

find_range({0 2 3 3 3 10 10}, 3) should return (2,4).
    find_range({0 2 3 3 3 10 10}, 6) should return (-1,-1).
    The array and the number of duplicates can be large.

Interview Questions

• Find all the possible factors of a given number.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Multiple phone and onsite interviews. They use a standard set of interview coding questions, and you can practice for them. Focus on tree traversal.

Interview Questions

• Sorted infinite character stream.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted several hours later. First I have a phone screen with the recruiter. I chose the groups I am interested and scheduled a technical phone interview. After I passed the first phone interview, I got called by the recruiter and scheduled two back-to-back phone interviews with two teams from my first-choice group. After the two interviews was a 30-min talk. Got offers from both teams and I gotta choose one of them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult. However, often they do not ask explicitly such as implement a certain algorithm or what does a certain data structure look like. They would instead put you into a real-problem scenario and you gotta choose what's the best data structure and algorithm. After you got an initial answer, they would try to push you further, such as asking how to optimize efficiency, what if the algorithm assumption has changed, what are the extreme cases where there might be a pitfall etc. Be prepared for such followups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's an internship offer and is already the most competitive one.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied at my university's career fair. I got a call from the recruiter about two months later and we set up a call to talk about my interests. My first round interview was on the phone using collabedit, and was technical. I was asked to program a function that analyzed sets and sets within those sets. I solved it with a BFS/DFS variant. Though I felt I answered the questions correctly, I knew that I was a little nervous and was unsure if I'd make it to the next round. Just a couple business days later, I got a call notifying me that I would be interviewing in the final round. I got to choose the teams with which I interviewed. Each of the two final round interviews was technical, but the third phone call was casual. One technical question was a greedy interval scheduling problem, and the other was a binary search variant. I was also asked really specific questions about a data structure, but was not expected to know it all. The conversations went really well and just two days later I got a call with the offer.

Overall, none of the questions were easy, but nor were they extremely difficult. If you know your data structures and did well in your algorithms course, you will be prepared.

Interview Questions

• A greedy interval scheduling problem   2 Answers

Negotiation

As this is for an internship, I chose not to negotiate. This was also the highest offer I got by far (even compared to other top companies).

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

The process is really smooth. I applied online. The recruiter got back to me within a week and set up an initial screening one week later. For interns, interview only have two rounds. First round is a 1-hour technical phone interview. 2nd round is 2 back-to-back 45-minute phone interviews. The interview questions are pretty standard. My recruiter called me a few hours after my 1st round interview and moved me to the 2nd round. After the 2nd round, it took them a while to give me the decision. However, generally, my recruiter is really helpful and very responsive to my questions along the way. In terms of the interview difficulty, the questions are very standard. Certainly practicing "Cracking the code interview" will help. Definitely "talk as you think". Let the interviews know what you are thinking. Write clean code. Avoid major bugs. Try to show that you are a smart and sharp person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Interview questions are standard technical interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I think the offer is good.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I dropped my resume in our school's career fair and got the phone interview after a few days. The lady was very cheerful and we talked about my personal interest and stuff. Later she asked to do some coding questions on data structure. The questions are fair but I think I forgot a lot of details.

Interview Questions

• They asked for very detailed questions on data structure, make sure you are very comfortable with data structure questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Initial email contact, which lead to a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function to solve an string given in reverse polish notation.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Two technical interviews

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.