LinkedIn Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LinkedIn Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I dropped my resume in our school's career fair and got the phone interview after a few days. The lady was very cheerful and we talked about my personal interest and stuff. Later she asked to do some coding questions on data structure. The questions are fair but I think I forgot a lot of details.

Interview Questions

• They asked for very detailed questions on data structure, make sure you are very comfortable with data structure questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

The process is really smooth. I applied online. The recruiter got back to me within a week and set up an initial screening one week later. For interns, interview only have two rounds. First round is a 1-hour technical phone interview. 2nd round is 2 back-to-back 45-minute phone interviews. The interview questions are pretty standard. My recruiter called me a few hours after my 1st round interview and moved me to the 2nd round. After the 2nd round, it took them a while to give me the decision. However, generally, my recruiter is really helpful and very responsive to my questions along the way. In terms of the interview difficulty, the questions are very standard. Certainly practicing "Cracking the code interview" will help. Definitely "talk as you think". Let the interviews know what you are thinking. Write clean code. Avoid major bugs. Try to show that you are a smart and sharp person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Interview questions are standard technical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I think the offer is good.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

1st round Phone Screen: The lady was sweet and asked what position I was interested in and the general HR questions like what am I looking for in an internship.

2nd round Phone Technical:
    Given a sorted array with duplicates and a number, find the range in the
    form of (startIndex, endIndex) of that number. For example,

find_range({0 2 3 3 3 10 10}, 3) should return (2,4).
    find_range({0 2 3 3 3 10 10}, 6) should return (-1,-1).
    The array and the number of duplicates can be large.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in March 2014.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter when LinkedIn gave a tech talk at my university. I was contacted a few weeks later saying that they wanted to interview me. First there was a 10 minute chat to discuss my interests so they could know who I should interview with. Then they scheduled a technical phone interview where I was asked 2 technical questions. After that I got set up with the final round interviews 4 days later. The final round consisted of 3 phone interviews, two 1-hour technical interviews and one 30-min non-technical interview. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole process.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Initial email contact, which lead to a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function to solve an string given in reverse polish notation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple weeks after. Had 3 technical phone interviews in all - first one was just one interview, second round was two back to back with two different teams. About a week after my second round interviews they extended me an offer. HR was in general very friendly; my recruiter was awesome.

Interview Questions

• A couple tricky questions. One required writing a modified binary search, the other dealt with data structures and how to efficiently check if a given set of numbers contained two numbers summing to some other number x.   4 Answers

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate, offer was very competitive.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Two technical interviews

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in January 2013.

Interview

I got an email after 2 weeks of online application for screening interview from HR.
    HR people are nice they ask some behavioral question based on our past work experience and ask about our field of interest in which I want to work. After that HR describes about various team working there they want to map you with the team in which you most interest.
    This phone interview took around 12 min.

Interview Questions

• HR try to map your knowledge and prior experience with team working there.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

The HR person was quite friendly and contacted me almost immediately. They set up my technical phone screens and then she followed up quickly after them, moving me to the next round. After the next round of technical phone screens, she emailed me often asking when she could call, but "forgot" to call me for weeks. I was quite annoyed, but I let it go on.

Overall, the experience started off well but got steadily worse.

Interview Questions

• None really. Design data structures for different purposes, read a string as a number, write a polish calculator method.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 onsite technical interviews and a really soft, easy interview at the end. Standard programming/algorithms stuff, altogether pleasant. Lots of free food and stuff, although transportation wasn't reimbursed (I didn't particularly go out of my way to get it, so whatever).

Interview Questions

• Tree traversal and some algorithms stuff I don't really remember now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.