LinkedIn Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 4 May 2019

3.1

277 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring process included a telephonic call, and onsite interview with 10 folks. two folks were assigned for every interview (that is 5 interviews). They were piloting an initiative of a junior developer paired with a senior developer, and finally with hiring manager. The recruiter didnot get back, but upon calling multiple times, I got a response saying negative.

Interview Questions

• Easy css questions, and writing the code for the notifications header of linkedin. No CS or algorithm questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

2 telephonic followed by 6 in-house algo/design/coding interviews.

- How to find if nodes in graph are exactly 1/2/3 edges apart. how would you distribute graph across machines.
    - Given set of characters and a string, find smallest substring which contains all characters.
    - Implement a delayed scheduler for jobs using pthread apis (mutex/cond_var)
    - You have bunch of numbers coming in, and a given a window size, how would you save numbers so that you can return number if present in window and provide average for current window.
    - Manager round: You are given bunch of machines with services running on them, how would you improve things. very vague design talk.
    - Reverse words in a string.
    - Implement decimal to roman and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• 2 person (one senior / one junior) interview panel system at LinkedIn is weird. It is interviewee's responsibility to manage time during interview.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, who later called me and informally discussed the position they were looking for and asked about my background. After this phone call, the recruiter scheduled an hour-long technical phone interview with two software engineers based on my availability, which happened to be 2 weeks after this initial phone call from the recruiter.

The technical phone screen was conducted using collabedit. First, the interviewer asked about my background and what my favorite project was that I had worked on. Then, the technical questions began. He said, depending on the time, that 2 coding questions would be asked and we had enough time for both questions plus extra time for me to ask them questions. I coded my answers in C++.

I was notified 3 days after the phone screen that they would not be moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

• Implement double pow(double a, int b) without using any already built-in functions (aka, don't use an already defined pow function).   6 Answers
    • Given two (dictionary) words as Strings, determine if they are isomorphic. Two words are called isomorphic if the letters in one word can be remapped to get the second word. Remapping a letter means replacing all occurrences of it with another letter while the ordering of the letters remains unchanged. No two letters may map to the same letter, but a letter may map to itself.

Example:
      Given "foo", "app"; returns true
         we can map 'f' -> 'a' and 'o' -> 'p'
      Given "bar", "foo"; returns false
         we can't map both 'a' and 'r' to 'o'

Given "turtle", "tletur"; returns true
         we can map 't' -> 't', 'u' -> 'l', 'r' -> 'e', 'l' -> 'u', 'e' -'r'

Given "ab", "ca"; returns true
         we can map 'a' -> 'c', 'b'   11 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email and arranged me a technical phone interview. I'm a little disappointed though, the interview was scheduled at 6:00PM Eastern Time.
    During the phone interview(using collabedit.com), the interviewer asked two coding questions:
    (1) the deepest common ancestor of two nodes of a tree
    (2) all permutations of a string.

The questions were reasonable, but I failed to solve the second one. Also the interviewer thought I'm not engaging enough(didn't talk much).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got the phone screen with HR. They asked basic questions about your career and what you have done so far. Then got the 1st phone interview which was very simple and easy coding question. The 2nd phone interview was much harder and requires a thorough amount of studying. Be prepared!

HR was very nice and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Print a tree like reading a book, left to right.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email and set up a phone interview. The technical portion was done through collabedit. They asked two coding problems. They also asked to describe a project I had worked on before. I had a second phone interview that was similar to the first. The interviewer was hard to understand. Again had two coding problems, both were fair.

Interview Questions

• Questions about trees and recursion.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2014.

Interview

1 round phone interview and answered two questions, one is to print tree level by level, the other is check if a string is a valid number including dot. Onsite interviews with 5 rounds in total, 2 rounds with coding, 1 round with design, 1 round with projects, 1 round with culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview Process was very smooth - Took about 5 weeks. Had two initial phone interviews. These rounds were purely programming rounds. Got notified of the results the same day itself. Onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds. 2-programs, 1- design, 1- lunch, 1-manager. Interview process was very smooth and organized and all the interviewers made sure that I felt comfortable with the process. I would suggest practicing lot of programming questions, look into LinkedIn opensource projects, read a lot about Distributed Systems.

Interview Questions

• Read in depth about the technologies that you have used so far, even though you haven't used it recently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

First round was behavioral and they just asked about how I got into CS and other standard questions about my interests.
    Second round was an hour long technical interview.
    Third round was two-one hour long interviews.
    And fourth was just talking with the team.

Interview Questions

• Question Description: Write a function that, given a list of integers (both positive and negative) returns the sum of the contiguous subsequence with maximum sum. Thus, given the sequence (1, 2, -4, 1, 3, -2, 3, -1) it should return 5.   9 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn (very meta) and given two weeks preparation. The interviewer I was scheduled with wasn't the one who ended up interviewing me, and instead it was someone who had a very tough time speaking English and explaining the problems. I solved both questions, but it took a long time before I would understand what he meant when trying to explain them. This chewed up a substantial chunk of the interview time (for example, it took ~5-10 minutes to even get to the collaborative online editor because I couldn't understand the letters he was pronouncing in the URL).

Interview Questions

• Write a function that, given a list of integers (both positive and negative) returns the sum of the contiguous subsequence with maximum sum. Thus, given the sequence (1, 2, -4, 1, 3, -2, 3, -1) it should return 5.   5 Answers
    • Write a program that takes an integer and prints out all ways to multiply smaller integers that equal the original number, without repeating sets of factors. In other words, if your output contains 4 * 3, you should not print out 3 * 4 again as that would be a repeating set. Note that this is not asking for prime factorization only. Also, you can assume that the input integers are reasonable in size; correctness is more important than efficiency.

PrintFactors(12)

12 * 1
      6 * 2
      4 * 3
      3 * 2 * 2   4 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.