Principal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Principal Engineer Interview Questions

Principal engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How will you save a hierarchical data into a file.

we can use xml to stored hirerchical data... as it represents a tree structure

we can use xml to stored hirerchical data... as it represents a tree structure

analytical- there are 50 floors in a building. You are given two balls which can break at a certain f trheight . Give a solution where you can determine the critical height at which a ball breaks. the solution should be optimised to give the least no. of tries for the worst case scenario(i.e where the ball breaks on the 50th floor only)

3 Answers

A very simple code was asked for writing some JMS code.

1 Answer

When you ping a machine, it returns: TTL expired; what could the cause be?

Build cache

2 Answers

Scenario based solutions; Performance tuning; Basic questions; like which index you create in which scenario and why? explain and counter questions like what will happen if we create X type of index instead of Y type.

1 Answer

Mostly related to technologies mentioned in resume. In my case it was Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate. REST and SOAP APIs. REST & SOAP API documentation.

Data structures Tree and Set questions

Have you worked on Linux ? What you have worked on explain

1 Answer

In technical rounds, questions were mostly to judge java coding skills, problem solving skills, design skills, any important functionality you delivered in your current project, etc. eg. Two threads, one printing odd numbers, another printing even numbers. Run them in such a way, output comes as 1,2,3,4,... in order.

110 of 357 Interview Questions