McGraw-Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw-Hill Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2019

2.9

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a four-step process that began with a recruiter phone interview and ended with my driving to another state for the final in-person interview. Along the way, I closed each interview and was given positive feedback, leading me to believe I was going to receive an offer. I was asked to complete a writing project by traveling to different college campuses. No parking or travel expenses were reimbursed. After my final interview (during which the interviewer indicated I would be moving forward,) I heard from the recruiter that I had not received the position. I attempted to follow up with the recruiter and hiring manager and received no feedback, after weeks of conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 traits possessed by a successful salesperson   3 Answers

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call from an HR Rep 2 weeks later. After the phone screen with HR there was a wait of about 3 weeks for the hiring manager to review my information. Then HR emailed and asked to come in for an in person interview. The in person interview went very well and the questions asked were nothing out of the ordinary. However, the manager did mention that he is in no hurry to fill this position and has been getting along fine with the vacancy. That tipped me off that the company might not be serious about filling this opening. After hearing back nothing, I followed up with HR several weeks later. No response was ever sent. Disappointing after I had invested over a month and gone into the office to interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for their Software Engineer position. Interview process involved a phone screening, a technical phone interview, and a design challenge done on-site. The developers were extremely friendly and were understanding for any gaps in knowledge. The overall process was actually enjoyable, even though they were testing my knowledge. Even if I did not get the position, I would walk away knowing that I learned a lot from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a position of difficulty in a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

The interview process is a multi step one. Initially you may get a call from the company's recruiter. Once the HR screening is completed, phone screening with the Hiring Manager will be scheduled. if that's successful, then you will be invited for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• About time complexity of algorithms   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying online. First, there was a phone screening with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called in for an onsite interview for a couple hours. Then had one final phone interview with HR again. It was a really smooth process, and everyone was very kind, helpful, and encouraging.

Spanish Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I received an e-mail from the Client Recruitment Specialist to set up a time for the first phone interview. During the interview, we went over my resume (superficially) and she said she was very interested in my resume and would follow up with a second call to set up an interview with the hiring manager. That call never came and my subsequent e-mails were ignored.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill.

Interview

I applied online, McGraw Hill contacted me within a week. I had one phone interview, it went very well, and then I was asked to come in for an in-person. I first met with a director who was very direct and seemed a bit cold. Regardless, I was happy to share several ideas for the company; all of which she liked. I then had an interview with a potential co-worker, which went extremely well. I again shared several ideas and strategies which I come studied and written before the interview. We had a lively and collaborative discussion. Leaving the building, I felt sure that I would be asked to come in again or offered the job. I sent thank-you emails and also hand-written thank you cards. After a week, I contacted them and was asked to wait while they finished additional interviews. After two weeks, I saw that the company had re-posted the job posting online, so I contacted the HR woman to ask if I was still in the running. She said that I was still in the running, and they were just conducting additional interviews but the pool of candidates was small. After over 6 weeks, I finally received a canned email swing "thank you for your interest, we've filled the position." I was very surprised. The potential co-worker I had interviewed with at least sent me a nice note online.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to take a full-time position when you already have a successful freelance career?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview about experience followed by a onsite interview with 3 guys of a team. All questions were behavioral and based on experience. Position was for front end, so most questions were on my knowledge of front end technology.

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Dubuque, IA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

MHE does lots of on campus recruiting, which is how I got my foot in the door. Got a phone call within one week and had one in person interview. Very basic interview, basically just went through my resume and asked some questions regarding my experience and i was asked to give some examples regarding examples of leadership and problem solving. It was my first real interview for a desk job, so i don't have much to compare it to. Got the job offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• asked how my athletic experience would translate into being beneficial to the company.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacklick, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McGraw-Hill (Blacklick, OH (US)).

Interview

It was a one on one interview with first the HR personnel and last with the hiring manager. Both were very pleasant they asked me a good variety of questions.

Negotiation

Very open

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.