McGraw Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McGraw Hill Interview Questions

Interviews at McGraw Hill

2.8

Learning Technology Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in August 2020.

Interview

My interview process was separated into three parts - a phone screen with the hiring manager, a Zoom call with the training and development director, then a virtual project I had to conduct on my own in order to understand the role better. Unfortunately, I was not selected to move on because they were looking for candidates with more experience in B2B sales.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McGraw Hill.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews, first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. The first was a phone call second was a video interview. I connected with the hiring manager immediately and she asked me about myself and we had a good conversation. I did appreciate that she asked what I was looking for in the role to see not only if I was a good match for them but if they were a good match for me.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you could bring to the company that would benefit this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill.

Interview

Basic quick interview process. Know your resume and walk through it. Talk through examples that are applicable to the job. One in person interview and one phone interview. Offer came through pretty quickly after

Remote Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Clarksburg, WV (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Quick phone interview process and didn't take long to hear back with a virtual interview offer, had interview 2 days later. Process was easy and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for work in this field.

Interview Questions

• About my experience and qualifications for the position   Answer Question

Learning Technology Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

You have a 30 minute initial phone call. The recruiter did not ask me any questions at all during this phone call which I found very strange. We just spent 30 minutes going over what questions I had about the position. Im not sure how this company makes the decision to move forward or not with a candidate without asking about their experiences.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The 30 minute interview started off with the interviewer talking about the position and why they are seeking to hire a new designer. Next, the interviewer asked me a few questions. And the interview session ended with me asking if I had any questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are good at?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McGraw Hill in April 2020.

Interview

I had an interview with a person from Talent Acquisition and then had an interview with the main supervisor and then two other Product Managers at the company. I enjoyed the interview process for the Product Management position. Didn't really enjoy it for another position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a product that comes to mind; what do you like or dislike about it? What changes would you make?
      2. Describe your past experience and how it relates to this role?
      3. What is ruthless prioritization?
      4. What do you know about the product?
      5. How do you work with people who may be challenging?
      6. How would you handle any disputes with members of your team?

There were a lot more questions, but I enjoyed the interview process. I felt like the interviewers tried to get to know me with some basic questions, but then asked questions that were intuitive to see how I would handle certain situations or challenge my thought process to better understand how I think.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Burr Ridge, IL (US)).

Interview

I was referred by someone who already worked there - she forwarded my resume. I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview. From there, I had a phone interview/screening with the HR manager, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. After I passed that, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was there for four hours and interviewed separately with about five different people on the team. About two days later, they offered me the job and I took it. That was 17 years ago!

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was so long ago, I don't remember, but I know they asked me why I wanted to work for McGraw-Hill.   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McGraw Hill (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Afterwards I had a phone interview. After the pone interview I was invited onsite. The onsite interview went well until it didn't. I really though I was a perfect fit for this position. I mean who has 10 years experience with php and 3 years angular. The exact tech stack they were committed to. It all came down to the site reliability engineer asking me several questions about micro services. I couldn't answer. Who in their right mind is using php to build micro service architecture. Anyway. That is when it all went south. My php experience was using drupal, magento, code igniter, and symfony. That didn't cut it. Ever since this interview I have been educating myself on micro services. In the process of educating myself though .net core I realized the site reality engineer who was interviewing me didn't even know what he was talking about. Dude was deploying the same php code on the same hosted server which isn't a micro service at all. When I met the site reliability engineer I had an immediate feeling that he did not like me. From the first second we met hands I had an intuition that the interview was not going to go well.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of micro service questions. Several questions about how to monitor health, design patterns, and logging. Ironically not many Angular questions. I question whether anyone actually knew angular.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McGraw Hill.

Interview

The recruiter gave me a call at the scheduled time, and right away, it seemed like she was just interested in asking questions. She didn't seem to want to give me the opportunity to drive the conversation, and my ability to ask questions about the company and the role were limited. That was still tolerable. However, about 15 minutes into the call, she started talking about her broken foot, and that whole experience. I thought it was definitely irrelevant, but decided to just go with it. Maybe she was testing my conversational skills. The conversation then moved to her granddaughter's gymnastics performances, and her journey through gymnastics.

By that time, it had been 45 minutes, and the majority of the time was spent talking about the recruiter's life. I've actually never had this type of experience in an interview, and it definitely didn't leave a great impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• It sounded like she had a checklist of questions to ask, and was only interested in getting through that list, and nothing further.

Why do you want to work at McGraw Hill?
      What qualities do you look for in a company when you're applying?
      What do you do in your job today?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.