Seagate Technology Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.7

Engineer Interview

Interview

Everybody on the team were nice. No technical questions. The entire process was painless and smooth. Many knowledgable engineers and helpful.

The recruiter was awesome and gave me consistent updates

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interviewed over phone call. First round with hiring manager, second round with the engineers in the group. Very basic questions and basically is bout my background. Not many technical questions. Probably this is a hardware position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Initially had a preliminary interview with HR, asking basic questions about my background. Was invited for an in person interview. The in person consisted of meeting with 4 different people, each individually. They each asked the same questions about my background, work experience, projects etc. Followed up a week later with HR to get a status update on the interview process and got no response, waited over a week and emailed again with no response. So I waited another week then emailed the manager who I interviewed with and got no response. To drive 3 hours each way for the interview only to not even get a response back is very disappointing, even if I didn't get the job they should have the decency to respond or let me know.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

I had a quick phone interview that was your typical HR phone screen. I met with the manager and some teammates and got a tour. I got an offer very quickly. There was about a 1 week background check process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Milpitas, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was on schedule, professional, cordial, efficient. Interviewers did not test me, showed their respect and confident in their own judgement. Treated me like a colleague already. Very pleasant work place environment. Gave me the impression that they mean business, don't fool around, expect you to do the job well.

Interview Questions

• About prior experience. Some related technical questions. About my career goals. About life and hobbies.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Telephone call 30 mins than schedule an on-site interview. 6 people on the on-site interview, each for 30 mins. Asked all about technical questions and resume go over.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

To lengthy with too many people and different times. They all had the same questions to ask, so why not just get everyone in the room at one time

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It was a one-day interview where I met with a lead engineer from the group, the group manager, and the director for the group. After those three interviews I got a tour of the building where I got to know some of the people I interviewed a little better.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very much just "get to know you" kind of questions. There was a couple questions asking me about what I did in school and what interested me. Some questions asking about my future and where I saw myself. It was very much an interview to test my personality.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Typical. Interview with 3-4 people. Hiring Manager, Director, 1-2 colleagues, and an HR representative

Interview Questions

• Sometimes there is a proof question to an engineering theory. Depends on if the interviewer wants to show off their technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Seagate does not negotiate. If they do for some reason, it is within 10% of offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I received a call to schedule a Phone interview. The phone interview was positive. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview. Hiring manager could not make it once I was onsite. I was called again to have a second in person interview with Engineering team members, Marketing team members(not all showed) and Sr. Director. Interview was approx.. 3.5 hours and was again positive. HR was quick to schedule these interviews, then the followup was not there until I requested an update by email with the response of "our update will be provided by the end of the week (4 days time) either way". Never received the promised courtesy update that week. Sent an email the following week asking for a status and was told the position was downgraded to an entry level position, but Thanked me for my time and encouraged me to keep Seagate in mind for future job opportunities..................

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult one, but fun..... How many 7's are there between 0 and 100   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.