Seagate Technology Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 22 of over 420 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Pune)

Interview

They ask only the basics. HR just picks candidates from the storage domain. But the worst thing is HR decides how much compensation a role deserves. Even if the hiring manager has cleared you and ready to give your expected CTC, HR would not roll out an offer as he feels you do not deserve the hike. Lot to improve upon in the HR department.

Interview Questions
  • Simple Q's based on domain. Not very hard interview.
    Answer Question

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in Mar 2021

Interview

Students are being selected on the basis of the CGPI for the interview process. Mainly two rounds are there, one is technical and other is HR round. Technical is mainly based on the Data Structures , Object Oriented Programming ans Operating Systems.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were mainly on the topics of Data Structures , Object Oriented Programming ans Operating Systems.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Pune) in Feb 2021

Interview

There were direct interviews (on campus). First two rounds were technical rounds and next round was HR round. In first round interviewer asked basic questions on data structures, oops, os. In second round some theory questions and one coding problem was there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

Applied online with in a week HR contacted to schedule immediate call but forgot to call and contacted again a week later. Then asked some general behavioral questions and asked for availability to schedule phone interview with hiring manager and never get back. Its been a month and not even replying to the follow up emails. Haven't expected this from Seagate.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers from the project. They asked general interview questions mostly concentrated on the resume. They asked about my previous working experience, thesis projects. There was only one round. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

They called me for a soft skills interview and then they called back several days later for the technical interview. The recruiters made me very uncomfortable and they would frequently admit to not paying attention when I answered questions, and would randomy laugh as I spoke, as if they were having a side conversation behind the phone.

Interview Questions
  • They showed me a diagram that included "front end", "back end", and "database". They then asked how I'd implement this "system" (there was nothing else specified).

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

The interview was went through a series of questions and procedure about previous work experience and what skills that can be brought to the company. This also including several psycho test and quiz.

Interview Questions
  • How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Singapore) in May 2019

Interview

A long interview process but it is effective. The interview consists of both paper test and verbal communication. The first part of the interview mainly is about describing yourself, your background, and your intention to work here. And, the second part is the technical question. The programming skill is a must.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

Phone call screening, then on-site panel interviews of 90-minutes total, visiting different teams for 15-minutes each. More technical teams asked more difficult questions, particularly asking about resume projects. Dress was casual, so dress slightly above causal.

Interview Questions
  • Given two strings, check if they’re anagrams or not; Github project questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY)

Interview

Was called for a phone screen, and given some basic programming problems, mostly standard list questions. One more phone screen with all 5 members of the team, each for 30 minutes. Three asked questions, two talked about Seagate as a company.

Interview Questions
  • If there is a function on three databases throughout the world, and for some reason one database stops working, what would you do to investigate?
  • Basic SQL question and join. Then talking about log n of the query.
  • Basic scala questions on how the programming language works.
4 people found this interview helpful