Seagate Technology Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

They called me for a soft skills interview and then they called back several days later for the technical interview. The recruiters made me very uncomfortable and they would frequently admit to not paying attention when I answered questions, and would randomy laugh as I spoke, as if they were having a side conversation behind the phone.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a diagram that included "front end", "back end", and "database". They then asked how I'd implement this "system" (there was nothing else specified).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Phone call screening, then on-site panel interviews of 90-minutes total, visiting different teams for 15-minutes each. More technical teams asked more difficult questions, particularly asking about resume projects. Dress was casual, so dress slightly above causal.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, check if they’re anagrams or not; Github project questions   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was called for a phone screen, and given some basic programming problems, mostly standard list questions. One more phone screen with all 5 members of the team, each for 30 minutes. Three asked questions, two talked about Seagate as a company.

Interview Questions

• If there is a function on three databases throughout the world, and for some reason one database stops working, what would you do to investigate?   1 Answer
    • Basic SQL question and join. Then talking about log n of the query.   1 Answer
    • Basic scala questions on how the programming language works.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

First technical phone interview and after that 2-3 more technical interviews. First round was all about resume in that interviewer asked about all the projects that I worked on as well as technologies that are used. Interviewer wanted to know more about why a particular technology did you use and few other technical questions about technologies that are mentioned in resume.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with three people and was questioned on my experience. They didn't ask to many questions. Nothing tricky was asked of me. They expected me to talk a lot without being questioned about things. They didn't email me back till I emailed them asking about the status so watch out for that

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

About a 40 minute Phone Interview, then 5 in person technical interviews with members on the team, then 3 not so technical interviews with managers and other people we will work with. Pretty casual, laid back, each person had their own style and level of rigor.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a two part interview process. The first interview was held at my school immediately after our career fair. This interview consisted of basic interview questions and was to gauge personality. The next part was a phone interview with one of their technical managers asking a problem solving question.

Interview Questions

• The number of calls in to the internal Helpdesk are very high. Support technicians report that the majority of their calls seem to come from users of the QueeQueg vacation database. Many problems are reported with QueeQueg from logins, browser issues to user education. The application is written in an ancient programming language that no one knows and modification of the program is not possible as we don’t own the source code. Also, we have a long term contract with the owners of the software so replacing it is not an option.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I sat down with three people and they asked me questions about the job I was applying for. It was a pretty relaxing interview. The main boss who was interviewing me showed me around the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I owned a western digital hard drive. It was nice that they joked around.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it is quite difficult

Interview Questions

• about a project i worked on years ago   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

First the higher-ups came in and asked me personal questions, such as, "Why do you want to work here?" "Where do you see yourself in the future with this company?" Then two programmers came in and asked me technical questions about programming and java. They said that if I could answer about half then I would be well off. The easiest question they asked me was, "What is a class?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sentry Insurance?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.