UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chandigarh) in August 2019.

Interview

As described by the company the process was divided into 4 parts: Test (Aptitude +2 Coding Questions) -> 2 Technical Interviews -> 1 HR Interview -> OFFER.

Although most of the process was same, only one technical interview was taken.

The Test:
    The first section of the test consisted of of QA and LR questions (Average Difficulty). There were a total of 30 questions and time limit was 30 minutes.
    The second section comprised of 2 coding questions (Easy) and the time limit was 30 minutes. The acceptable programming languages were C, C++, JAVA, C#.

The Interviews:
    The Interviews were the quite smooth and easy. The HR round involved basic interview questions. While the Technical round was mostly Resume and few technical questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Very long process starting with video interview, HR phone screen, 1:1 phone interview with hiring manager, then 2 separate in person panel interviews. Most of the interviewers were very inexperienced, unprofessional, and even lied about why they liked working in the department (one manager admitted after I was hired she lied during interview and was actually "counting the days" until her 1 year in the department was up so she could transfer out of the department). The position turned out to be not at all as represented during the many interviews and didn't even follow standard company processes and policies. Once hired they said to disregard the job description, no longer relevant and perfectly "legal". Needless to say, I felt hood-winked by them all and accepted the job offer based on dishonest interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Had two interviews. The first one was a phone interview. The 2nd was a virtual interview. Was easy and fast both people I spoke with were incredible nice overall it took about 3 weeks.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very relaxed video interview with a hiring manager. Discussed potential duties and determined the fit for the position. Overall average difficulty; simple interview questions involving my skill and experience level. As this was an internship position, the experience requirements were limited. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and was conducted via video chat on a laptop

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Interview

Video email via HireVue. I am very uncomfortable on camera. I think I did really bad because of it. There are 3 question. Take your time and write the answer down and read it.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on multiple tasks and how did you prioritize them?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you ask or is given a new responsibility?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Phone interview was short via phone. Did not even last a minute. She verified the position I was applying for and then proceeded to ask me one question. Once I answered, I was informed that my requirements were to high for the position and she said have a good day.

Interview Questions

• The only question she asked me was what my salary requirements were.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Murfreesboro, TN (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Position: Provider CSR
    The process was very quick, smooth, and positive!
    I don't remember how I learned about the position, but I'm sure it was Indeed. I am happy that it crossed my job search journey though. After I applied, I had to do some assessment tests. The next day I was invited to do a HireVue interview. My nerves were all over the place because I was so excited to work for the company so I didn't want to screw it up. There were 3 questions that you get a few chances to answer at your own pace. You record yourself and submit your interview afterwards for HR to review. The questions are set up in a way in which you should answer them as if you're telling a story. Be sure to use "first, next, etc." and end with a successful outcome (google STAR method). The HR dept was prompt with their response - after that 5 minute interview, I heard back from the company the very next day. They called to schedule a phone interview. I missed the call so they emailed me. I responded via email. The phone interview was scheduled the next week but could have been completed as soon as the next day (I gave myself time to freak myself out and search high and low for explanations to put myself at ease - just breathe and be yourself).
    During the phone interview, I was asked what my salary requirements were and she explained the position in more detail. The recruiter advised me to save any questions about the position for the face to face interview. I planned for the phone interview to be 30 mins; however, it was no more than 5 minutes that I was on the phone. She asked why I wanted to work for the company and scheduled my face to face interview for a few weeks out. Since Covid-19 is a thing, I had to do my face to face interview via something called WebEx. They ask that you block off 60 mins for this interview but mine was only 30 mins. It was pleasant and the recruiters were very nice. I told them that I was nervous about the whole thing and they told me that I was doing fine. I received a call the next day with great news - I GOT THE JOB! & I start July 2020

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to undergo change. What did you do and how did you prepare?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you had to handle a situation that you hadn't planned for.   Answer Question
    • Were you referred by anyone?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

A series of interviews with the hiring manager and then a few counterparts. Interviews were 30 minutes to an hour and lasted about 4 hours total. Overall was an okay experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Due to COVID19, the interview process was completely online. After the first round of video interview (submission of a recorded video through a portal), I was interviewed by one of the lead designers at UHG and their Director of UX.

Interview Questions

• Explain your approach to UX when you have no users to talk to.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I filled out the application on line. I submitted my resume, a cover letter, transcripts and previous job history. I then received a phone message stating that the Human Resource department sent me an email. I was asked to answer the email. The HR department wanted to know specific days and times that would work with my schedule to conduct a 60 minute phone interview. I answered the email and within the day I had an interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What salary expectations did I have?   1 Answer

Appeals Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Screening call with recruiter (behavioral questions) then hiring manger scheduled a video interview over webex (due to Covid). Heard back 6 weeks later with an offer and start date in two weeks.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.