UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied on their site for a role, and then got a invited to do a 1 way HireVue interview. I've done these before, and I've always found them cold and insulting to the candidate.

An interview should be a two way street where both parties get to learn about one another. Recording what amounts to an audition tape was already a red flag, and is ripe for exploitation from an employer. Who watches these videos? How are they stored? Are you being judged by your age, race, or gender before you even have a "real interview"?

If you cannot have a conversation with a candidate and instead send them an audition, not only is that insulting, but completely dystopian. I declined the HireVue "interview" and declined moving forward with such a cold interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

My background:
    I am an international student, and I told everything about my situation prior to the interview. I am on OPT-EAD which will allow me to work for 3 years. And we are in process of getting GC.
    I was Interviewing at UHG for a Software Engineering position. Overall everything turned out excellent. I had a total of 4 interviews and one written test. And they called me on Dec 18 2020 that they are ready to make an offer. But never got any offer or confirmation of the job.
    But after all this time, no clear indication was given, I even gave them the letter showing my green card overall process and where we at. But still, no rejection is given. I was told they are not ready for making an offer if I don't have permanent residence or GC. This is an awful experience that I am experiencing. Never stop searching for jobs unless you have an offer letter on your hand.
    Just suggest international students, just make sure what you are going through, make sure the person who is helping through the recruitment process is familiar with your situation.

Interview Questions

• First Interview: General about your background
      Second interview: Senior Software Engineering Manager
      Third interview: Technical Round, but very general about what you know and what you did for projects
      Written test: This was tricky
      Fourth interview: with the team that I was supposed to work with, behavioral questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. You apply online and if there is a match the HR reaches out to schedule an interview, which then leads to an offer if you perform well.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about the role and technical competencies   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round was telephonic and second was face to face managerial round followed by HR.
    Overall interview was Average.It took 2 to 3 weeks to get offer letter released.

Interview Questions

• General technical and domain related questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Phone screening, talked about background of company and talked experience and skills. Mentioned previous experience and how it would translate to new role at UHC. Phone screen lasted 15 to 20 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Mostly Behavioral. The interviewer laughed at my credentials and kicked me. I wouldn't recommend that you work at a company that seemingly has no respect for its interviewees. This interview seemed like a joke.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Call, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Call, NC (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Automatic email then 1 recruiter call asking work and skill history. Week later an email asking for good date time for manager phone interview. 2 days later manager phone interview and at the end he set up the next team interview time. Then interviewed by team. Now waiting for news.

Interview Questions

• Do you familiar with these?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavioral Questions mostly. It was mostly based on how well you could be trained through their program and the personality that you have and whether or not it matches the company profile.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 principles of object oriented languages?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple interview with a few general questions and then a fizz buzz basic coding question. Talked mostly about personal attributes on resume. As long as you can answer questions about the abilities listed on resume you should be fine

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Skype call covers the technologies which were added in the resume and complete project flow Why to use only these technologies, asks about deployments and why uhg etc etc

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.