UnitedHealth Group Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT (US)) in December 2007.

Interview

They were painfully slow and did not communicate well at all. They are the worst employer in the nation. They were late by 2 weeks in scheduling the second interview. They keep you in the dark and you really have to push them hard to move forward.
My only advise is that don't work for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation went pretty well. The HR person was good. They gave me the right amount of salary that I desired. So no complaints there.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was recommended by a personal contact within the organization. Two separate positions were available, so on the interview day, I arrived and was interviewed by the supervisor of each position, separately. Then I met with a potential colleague to get more information about the culture of the organization. The process lasted about 1.5 hours. I received an offer the next day, and accepted the offer one day later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume through Monster.com and was contacted within a week by a HR rep. Had a brief phone interview and was invited for an on-site interview. Interview was with the hiring manager and was fairly straight forward. I haven't heard yet if I have been offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a time when you were asked to complete a task but weren't given enough information   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

Couple of interviews with director and Sr. Director. This was followed by an interview with the VP. Good follow through by the hiring manager. Since there are several different groups the processes can differ widely.

Negotiation

Negotiation practice was not very good. Recruiters took their own time and were not knowledgeable. Get everything in writing as verbal commitment were not accurate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted very quickly to set up an interview. The first interview was a phone interview. She was very thorough in asking about the progression of jobs through my career. Mostly followed this format - how one position led to the next, etc. After her questions, she told more about the job, which I actually wished had been first in order to frame up some of the answers better. Then, she told me about their process. Overall, the process was very thorough, but kept to the 1/2 hour time set for the first phone interview. I am waiting to hear if a meeting with the hiring manager is desired.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

30 minute phone screen followed by an hour-long in-person interview a month later. Straightforward behavioral questions, everything seemed to go OK. No contact until three months after the interview, at which point I learned the position no longer existed (i.e. no funding, decided not to hire anyone). A frustrating experience.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Recruiter makes the initial outreach and interview to screen for minimum requirements, skills, candidate disposition. The time between initial interview and subsequent ones may be very long, as much as 3 months. Very large organization so it is hard to identify who does what.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to have my job (question asked by hiring manager)   2 Answers

Negotiation

It is safe to make a reasonable counter offer. If excessive, you will be quickly dropped from list of candidates.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very professional, organized process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

HR set up two phone interviews with PM team members

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with PM? Give me a run through of an average day at your current job.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA (US)).

Interview

Process began when I submitted my resume to the UHG job portal for a Project Manager position. The job I applied for was located in Santa Ana, CA, but my first contact was from an HR person in Minnesota. This first contact was a phone call about 5 days after I submitted my resume. I spent about forty minutes on the phone with this person. Easy first interview; mostly questions about why I left each of my previous jobs and what my strengths and weaknesses are. Nothing technical. I feel the goal of this interview was to test my demeanor and verify if I could string coherent sentences together. I was told my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager and I should hear from them within the week. About a week later, I received an email asking my availability for a face to face interview. The earliest date was for the following week. I note this because the UHG hiring process is not a fast one; even when there is an immediate need, as in this case.

The face to face interview(s) lasted about three hours. I first interviewed with the hiring manager. This interview was similar to the phone interview I had previously with HR. I was asked if I had time to meet with the Director that oversees this position. Of course I said yes. I waited a few minutes before the Director arrived. This interview was very technical and covered the specific responsibilities held at each of my former employers. Luckily, I had brought examples of my work to share. Again I was asked if I had time for another interview; this time with the Senior VP that oversees this position. Again I said yes. After about 20 minutes, I had a third interview with the SVP, Director and hiring manager. The SVP ran this interview which seemed mostly social. Not technical at all. At the end, I was told they would get back to me soon.

About a week later, I was given a job offer contingent on the successful completion of a drug test and background check. The drug test was quick. The background check took about a week. I was cleared for employment on a Tuesday but could not start work until the following Monday because of new employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. If you've actually done everything you list on your resume, the interviews are a breeze.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a slightly higher salary (about 5k) and 40 hours of PTO awarded on my start date.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.