EXL Service Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

EXL Service Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EXL Service in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via text message at first by the individual I interviewed with. He then proceeded to say that they had reviewed my resume and wondered if I was interested in an interview. I agreed and he said that it would be conducted online via Google Hangout. Using gmail, he proceeded with the interview. I was very surprised to have an interview conducted over what I consider instant messaging. I was even offered the position. I was not given much information in the interview but was assured that I would get more information later.

They sent me a check to purchase the materials I would need to conduct the duties. Although the tracking of the check originally said it was coming from Atlanta, it was later updated, stated that it was coming from a house in Chicago. Understandably, the company operates out of New York, and this was for an at home position, but too many things were strange. Check came, along with a piece of paper stating that I needed to send proof that I deposited the check into my account to a certain individual. Both of these individuals provided me with gmail accounts. If this company was so big, legitimate, etc, then why don't they have company email addresses?

I alerted the individual I interviewed with via instant message that I received the check, as per his instructions. He was pleased and told me to go ahead and deposit the check, following the instructions provided. I asked questions at this point. He skated around my questions, telling me that it was a process and that was the system in place that they had to follow. I gave him the ultimatum that if I couldn't get some answers to my questions then they could void the check because I would not be taking the position after all. He said to void the check.

In this day and age when things are done electronically and quickly remotely, it doesn't take much to lose a person's identity, funds in a bank account, etc so I was not about to take a risk like that. I really wish this had worked out but what else is someone to think? I still don't think that my questions were all that intrusive or strange (Who was my trainer? When might I expect to be contacted by my trainer? What would the days/hours of my training be? Could I get any additional information on what I would be doing?) To no avail. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself, Name, Sex, indicating your location. and also quickly have a look at our company's website.   Answer Question
  • What type of jobs have you had? How did you get your previous jobs? What were your main responsibilities? Achievements? Have you been in the military before? Are you currently employed? Are you willing to work flexible or long hours? Do you have a HP laser-jet printer, copier and scanner? Do you have a check printing experience? Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size? How long do you intend to work for this company? Are you seeking full or Part time Position? (Copied exactly how it was typed)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EXL Service

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EXL Service (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in January 2010.

Interview

Recruitment and Interview process is okay. Its a one day process which is very good.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EXL Service in September 2010.

Interview

Pargagraph writing, Aptitude test, HR Round, Ops Round is all that happens for freshers in back office profile. If you looking for Voice process, yes Group Discussion will happen during preliminary screening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked my expectations

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.