Philips Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Philips Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Philips

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MN (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Looks like it is a 5 step process.
Hiring Manager
Level 3 Software Engineer
Level 4 Software Engineer
Architect
and lastly white board sessions

interview was from resume mostly and some random questions related to technology.
it was good over all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 6 times interview, and it was very straight forward, and also had positive impression. Also when I had on-site interview it was very friendly. but facilities was not good, looks old.

Interview Questions

• what was your prior process? long time interview with different location   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips (Monroeville, PA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online for position at the Monroeville PA office, was contacted by impressive national talent agent and had a great talk about the job and was sold on how well it fit my skills. This was for developing a new line of products and doing work that was really a good fit for me, it seemed to me. Set up phone screen with project lead but was told they had already found some good candidates and I was just getting in before the window closed.

Project lead called on terrible/cheap phone line, brought two others to the call and apologized for compressing three interviews into one. They took turns asking me rote questions about frameworks and APIs with no give and take, when I finished speaking they just asked the next question from a paper I could hear them passing around. It was most lackluster interview I've ever had or had seen given in my 20+ years in software development. They obviously had already decided on a candidate and were doing this in a pro forma way to meet some policy checklist. Really soured me on Philips, a company I formerly had great respect for, and still have as a product company, but I'll never apply for another position there. If these people are indicative of the Monroeville Philips branch I'll avoid that branch in the future.

What a waste of my time, I really resent being treated in this way. This is not the way a global technical leader interviews highly skilled and deeply experienced candidates. It is offensive and ruined any potential future interactions with me, and my entire network of local technical talent. You can be sure I'll share this with any who ask me. I can't imagine that any product that comes from this team is going to be a winner, so in a way I'm glad they signaled their lack of sincerity or creativity so that I wasn't tricked into taking a position there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of SOAP? What do you think of HIPA? What do you think of security approaches on device X? ... and so on?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)).

Interview

Typical interview process, phone interviews followed by on site interview. Scheduling was moderately difficult and was not managed locally. The on site interview has 45 minutes slots which was too short for most of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function to calculate a Fibonacci number   Answer Question
    • Write a C function to match a sub string with each letter in sequence, but with any number of characters in between   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

At first, I was contacted by a recruiter. Next, I connected with the recruiter discussing mainly about the job description and location.
    Then the recruiter scheduled a technical phone interview with a Project Manager and a Software Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions like your strength, and weakness, challenging projects.
      List and explain all design patterns that you had used.
      Basic Qt questions (e.g. what is SLOT-SIGNAL)   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

C++ code, 3D math, and medical image processing. Need to know well about your relative work and projects. The interview is not too hard, but you still have to go through your related work in detail, and do some mock interviews to get youself prepared.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Philips recruiter who asked me a bunch of technical questions. He didn't even know what he was reading or what I was saying. It was a little weird. I also got the impression that I was getting the "you should be so lucky to work here!" routine.

Interview Questions

• How many years of systems level programming experience do you have?   2 Answers

Since I wasn't actively looking for new work, I felt I should be sort of interviewing them as well.
    And the arrogance of the inside employee was not appealing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips.

Interview

techincal, software design techniques, methodology

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by Software Specialists (primary vendor) for full time position for Philips. And quickly scheduled a telephonic interview with manager at Philips. It was brief talk about my experience and some technical questions. and then i was called for in person interview. They provided expense (it took 3 months to re-embers though). It was about 3 hours interview by 4 different people ( about 40 mins each). It was one after other with 5 mins gap in between. Then, i was told that HR from Philips will get back to me. And HR got back to me after a week or so and asked me to standby while they are working on some approval process. It took almost a month and half before they offered me. Every once in a while he would come back to me and tell me that they are still working through the approval process. I was frustrating at times as i was not able to get hold of HR for updates (I could not get him on phone and no response to voice message). Finally they offered me and scheduled joining date.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write code on paper for requirement they came up with on the fly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it was reasonable. But they did offer lower end my expected range.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips (Bothell, WA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

1. Contacted by a front-end recruiter, talking about the openings and culture fit;
    2. Phone screen with another recruiter about the position requirement details and the process,
        also talked briefly about my experience, skills, interest and salary expectation;
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager;
    4. On-site interview, mix of 1-1 and group panel interviews.
        Mix of personality quiz and technical questions;
        It is efficient in my opinion since it took only 3.5 hours but I got to meet he majority of future team
        members.
    5. Offer comes in the next morning

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.