Seagate Technology Engineer Wafer Sustaining Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 425 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in Oct 2021

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked some typical behavioral questions. Then he will go over your resume and ask some question regarding your work history. Specifically, if you have a work gap.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose this major?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Sep 2021

Interview

First round was with two managers, pretty easy and just wanted to know about college and interest in the position. Second interview was 3 30-minute interviews with two managers and the engineering team. Half of the manager interview questions were riddles. Also D shift gets a 15% shift differential, so be sure to account for that when negotiating salary.

Interview Questions
  • Q: have you ever hated one of your previous jobs?
  • Q: If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Mar 2021

Interview

First two managers called for like a phone screen and basically wanted to know how interested I was. Then I was called back for the final interview which was 30 minutes with each of the 2 managers and then 30 minutes with the team. Team interview was chill, don't worry about that one. The interview with the two managers was half behavioral and half logic/riddles. They absolutely didn't go over my resume at all it was a bit strange and it seemed their decision was based on the logic questions. Each manager asked 2 logic questions, its common riddles you can google. It was a bit annoying because I believe anyone can get the answer within 10 minutes at most but there's def the pressure to get the answer within a minute. What really was annoying is that these were popular riddles so if someone got it right it could have just been because they heard it before.

Interview Questions
  • Riddle 1: A nail and hammer cost 1.10 together. Hammer costs a dollar more, how much does the nail cost? A: 5 cents. easy. Riddle 2: You have 8 balls and an old school scale. All the balls weigh the same except for one (heavier), how do you find out which one is the heaviest? You can only use the scale twice. ANS: makes sense once you hear it, common riddle, google for answer Riddle 3: 3 lightswitches, find out which one connects to the lightbulb in the other room. ANS: also common but you use the temperature of the light bulb Riddle 4: 3 people, is an unmarried person looking at a married person? ANS: yes

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Oct 2019

Interview

Started with a phone interview with two managers, then had a 3-part interview with two managers and some of the shift engineers. Gave a great overview of what the position was like and ample time for questions.

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions about prior experience and and how you’ve handled certain situations in the past.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

Relatively easy interview, asked simple questions about past work and projects. The people who ran the phone call were really nice and created a comfortable atmosphere over the phone which can often be hard to find.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY) in May 2018

Interview

I applied online and interviewed over the phone. Basically a lightning round interview, interviewer did not introduce himself before firing off questions and asking for an elevator pitch. Received an email 2 days later that I was not moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about resume and experience with cleanroom and fab/analysis tools
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in Jul 2012

Interview

Was contacted by HR and then scheduled for an on site interview, met with the engineering manager and 2 other engineers. The interview was casual, they just asked me about myself and showed me around. A week later they called me agin to meet with another engineering manager, again she asked me casual question from my resume. All these people were so casual an friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed