UnitedHealth Group Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

It was a round-robin interview with 4 people; a director, 2 seniors/leads, and a junior engineer. 15 minutes per person, like speed dating. I've heard this is not standard though.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a set, a map, and a list in Java?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2015.

Interview

first was aptitude test and then there were two technical rounds mainly they would ask on java and dbms my technical was going on like muktiyhreading concepts and connection pooling and some logical ability questions and area of intrest like ui designer/devolper and few programs in your fav language like basic programms and final was hr it was like just have a smile and look confidently into the other person u will easily crack thejob

Interview Questions

• programms basic ,java applet,multithreading,connection pooling   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chandigarh) in November 2015.

Interview

The Interview was organised by our collage the students have to clear the online test in which 64 students were selected out of 315. And the interview was further cleared by 25 students out of the 64 previously selected.

Interview Questions

• Lots of SQL queries
      basic string programming questions like repetition of alphabets etc
      linked list , double linked list programs
      Software Engineering questions.
      Project related questions.
      other basic logical programming questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Gurgaon, Haryana) in December 2015.

Interview

I am a fresher and applied through the career section of the company's website. Within a day i got an email that there is a recruitment drive at gurgaon office on saturday
    There were around 200 applicants who appeared for aptitude test, around 40 were then shirtlisted. Next round was Group Discussion. 30 persons from GD were called on Next day for interviews. Out of which 21 were selected.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very general. Very basic questions like puzzles and some programming stuff from java and sql server was asked from me   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2015.

Interview

First round.
    It was a pen/paper round. We had two papers, the first one was general aptitude questions and the second one was related to computer science fundamentals. The second paper had 15 multiple choice questions related to networking, computer architecture, compilers etc. It also had 5 subjective questions out of which 4 were coding and one was related to cloud computing.
    After this 14 were selected and there were two technical rounds and one HR round.

Interview Questions

• TI one
      First he asked me about my projects and research papers. I had to explain everything related to these.
      Next he gave me three questions -
      1) binary search in a sorted array.
      2) dfs traversal of a binary tree.
      3) general block diagram of backend of YouTube.   Answer Question
    • TI two
      First he asked me to tell something about myself, my aspirations, what can I do in the company, my strengths etc.
      Then he gave me a coding question of equilibrium index problem.
      Then he also asked about my projects and papers and how would I be beneficial ro the company.   Answer Question
    • HR interview
      General questions related to myself, introduction.
      I was asked about previous offers from any companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was just asked that would I have any problem from location of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hyderabad) in February 2016.

Interview

Consists of three rounds, a written test for about 90 minutes., a technical interview and HR interview. Time management is more important in written test. One has to be very fast in solving questions. A total of 80 questions divided into three sections will be given. Written test consists of Numerical Ability - 30 Q, 30 min.
    Logical Ability and English - 30 Q, 30 min.
    C Programming MCQ - 20 Q, 30 min.

Technical interview:- Questions will be more logical, and some programs may be asked to write depending on the languages you have given in your resume. Logical questions will be asked.

HR Interview:- Purely general, stresses more on your attitude and the way you are communicating your opinion. That's it.

Srinivas.V

Interview Questions

• How can you give me one litre liquid, if you are given a 3L and a 5L jar.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manipal

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Manipal) in February 2016.

Interview

UHG visited our campus for placements in February. The eligible branches were ECE, EEE, CS, IT and Biotechnology. Approximately 30 students applied for the job. There was a written round which had 45 questions (CAT level Quantitative aptitude). There was another Coding test only for CS/IT students. 6 students cleared the written round.

There were 3 rounds of Personal Interviews - One Technical and Two HR.

Technical round was mostly based around ECE basics.

Advice - Prepare your basics well.

Interview Questions

• Being from ECE, why do you want to work for UHG as a software engineer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Noida) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy.
    Just work on your basics on C and SQL.
    Make sure you write down what you know about in your resume.
    Just adding Java for convenience would not help. If you do not really know about something, edit that out.

Interview Questions

• A simple implementation of join query is all i remember   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greater Noida) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for this post through my college ,it took a whole day for whole interview process which include a online test consisting 0f 60 questions of English, aptitude and reasoning and programming
    followed by 2 technical interview rounds in which they ask some technical terms,same puzzles and some current affair questions and at last a HR round in which they ask my priorities for job location and job timings.In brief interview was of average difficulty and process was fast.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected things,they ask common questions like introduction, why UHG?,why IT sector?,what is your hobby etc.interview was of average difficulty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Bengaluru).

Interview

The entire process took 1 day. There were 3-4 rounds. first was a technical test.
    Selected few were taken for GD and then Technical and HR interviews. Technical test had coding questions for CS people. For the rest it was only aptitude and English.
     Few were selected directly for the technical interview. Rest had to face GD.

Here they asked a few coding and algorithm related questions. Also questions to optimize programs. They asked about database and SQ Lite as well. In the end a few puzzles.

Next was HR interview. They tested our knowledge about the company and our projects and the roles we played in them. Finally everyone in the HR round had to sign a declaration and a selected few were offered the job.

Interview Questions

• few simple coding questions, database, project works and puzzles   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.