UnitedHealth Group Technology Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Technology Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The guy who interviewed me was really cool. He spent a lot of time talking about the company, and most questions were behavioral. A lot of group oriented questions.

For the second interview it was on-site and the interview was mostly behavioral again. Nothing too technical, but I have limited coding background so I don't know if they got more in depth with other applicants. There was also a panel where you could ask current employees questions, followed by a site tour. Very chill environment but everyone seemed qualified for their jobs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Optum at a University career fair, and was offered an on-campus interview. This led to an on-site interview in Baskingridge, which was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience. The on-site visit consisted of an Optum employee explaining the company and giving us a rundown of what to expect for the day, a panel of current TDP employees who answered any questions and spoke about their positions, a 45-min interview, and a tour of the office location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate - this was for an internship and their offer was very fair.

Technology Development Program Interview

Interview

It was very simple process where they asked many behavioral questions and ran through my resume. It is very relaxed which they tell you up front and the interviewers make it feel like a conversation rather than an intense interview.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Raleigh, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a two round interview process. One on campus after the Career Fair and the other at the Optum office in Raleigh, NC. The campus interview was two employees. Just simple technical interview questions.The second interview consisted of an office tour, presentation of the company (they opened the floor for any questions that we had), provided us with light refreshments. One 30 min technical interview with current TDP employee. And another 30 min behavioral interview with a manager. Both interviews were laid back. Nothing intimidating. Everything lasted about four hours. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Very young and welcoming atmosphere.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

One recorded interview and one interview with a developer. Responded very quickly. Only gave 10 days to either accept of reject the offer. Non Negotiable offer. Everyone was friendly. No technical questions at all

Interview Questions

• When have you worked in a team? When have you been challenged?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

from the moment I walked into the office, I knew I could see myself working here. The staff was so warm and welcomed me right in. The interviewer treated this as conversation and did not pound questions on me at all. He mainly spoke about the position, and wanted me to know the extend I'd be getting myself into. They wanted me to make sure I really wanted this position before I accepted any offer, and i think my excitement is what drove the discussion. I enjoyed the easy going conservation, and left saying to myself 'wow everyone must love working here'

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Eden Prairie, MN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at college internship fair, gave him my resume. Had an on campus interview that was supposed to be a 30 min interview, it became 40-45, then got moved to the second round onsite interview where I met with a project manager for a formal interview (45 min) and then met with a person in the TDP program for an informal interview where I got to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Ethics   1 Answer
    • How I work with other people   1 Answer
    • To breakdown a complex technical process to a person as if they knew no computer science   1 Answer

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Troy, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple and relaxed first round on campus interview that mainly consisted of going through my resume and elaborating on what kind of value I could bring to the company. Topics of focus included my work in groups both inside and outside the classroom, as well as my work experience and general background. I have my final interview at their new Boston office in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• How would you say your work in groups has helped shape your approach to new projects?   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews then a virtual interview. The process took approximately 2 months. After my 3rd interview the recruiter said they would be sending an offer the next week. She even personally emailed me 10 days later saying if I had any questions feel free to ask. Then 24 hours later I got an email saying they moving forward with other applicants. A very misleading process if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume/technology related experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair in mid September and dropped off my resume. I received an email two weeks later to schedule an on campus interview the next week. I had a 30 minute interview with a former TDP associate and someone who had managed TDP associates in the past. The interview was relatively conversational with only a few questions not specifically related to my experience and interests. I was also able to ask questions about the company and the program. They were mostly focusing on which rotations I would potentially fit into best. I was asked about backend/frontend development preferences or if I wanted to be in more of a project management role.

Two days later, I was invited to an onsite interview for the next week. This day consisted of a few presentations, a panel of former and current TDP associates, an office tour, and one hour long interview with an IT director. The interview was very conversational again and topics focused on my internship experiences and my ability to work with a team.

Overall, the experience was enjoyable and gave me a lot of insight into the company while they got to know me. I received an offer the day after my onsite interview. We were made aware we would receive decisions the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you define Agile?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a project where you worked with a team. What was your role? Did you have any challenges you needed to overcome?   Answer Question
    • What have you done in a situation where you've realized that the way you've approached a problem is not working?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.