Philips Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Philips Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Philips

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was contacted by third party through university job portal. They setup an on-site interview with manager and senior software development engineer. I was interviewed for intern position at Cleveland location. The interview was easy and duration was about 20-30 minutes. Not much technical questions, more kind of behavioral questions. 2 days later, I received a confirmation phone call and sent me the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to rate myself for different software engineering processes.
    Questions from resume and past projects only.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Philips

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a third-party recruiting company. They forwarded my resume and a short explanation of my work history to the Philips HR Specialist/Hiring Manager. A phone interview was set up for later that week with HR. HR specialist described the position, explained company culture, answered any questions I had. An onsite interview was then set up for a week later with the Hiring Manager. Nothing overly technical, general questions and personality fit type of interview. Two days later I received a call that they wanted to make an offer, no negotiation was necessary. Overall the process was great. Everyone communicated efficiently, and for such a large company I was impressed with how personal they were able to make the process.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to this role that other applicants will not?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, the offer exceeded all expectations.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips in February 2015.

Interview

submitted resume on college website and had an interview the week following on campus. interview took about 30 mins long with two interviewers, they asked behavioral questions and things on my resume. heard back from them the following day.

Interview Questions

• just behavioral questions and what i had listed on my resume   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

fast interview process, good management, and provide office tour (you will understand their processes, the team you will work under and what work you will be doing). You will also be able to meet most of the people in the team.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

After speaking to one of the Philips representatives at my school's career fair, I was contacted for a 30 minute technical phone screening. This was followed by an in-person interview with three members of the ultrasound team: one engineer who had been working for Philips for 2 years, one who had been with Philips for over 12 years, and one senior member of the management team. They mainly seemed to want to understand my level of programming experience (which wasn't exactly what they were looking for).

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview lasted for an hour. On-site interview is an all day interview, 8 interviewer, lunch break is also a lunch interview. phone interview lasted for an hour. On-site interview is an all day interview, 8 interviewer, lunch break is also a lunch interview

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions about my past projects and algorithms and it was pretty easy, went ver well. in fact, I didn't even have to prepare or order one of those interview books for it. I did it on the top of my head after a stressful final. The questions were simple and I had no worries.

Negotiation

None

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips (Andover, MA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a phone Interview for a co-op opportunity through my school. My co-op adviser reached out to Philips Ultrasound for a software engineer position when I was looking for QA position. I believe they don't use Java but my co-op adviser still set me up for an interview that I wasn't ready for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy. I just wasn't ready. It was my very first interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Philips in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and set up an interview time with the manager of a team. Manager called and gave an hour long interview. After that, recruiter contacted me again to inform me that I have gotten to the second round. We then set up a call and I got two 30 minute interviews back to back with the team members.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use to implement a phone book and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was just informed that I got accepted. They told me what benefits I will get and I just accepted. The rest of it had to do with moving around.

Anonymous Employee in Silchar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Philips (Silchar) in August 2016.

Interview

First we had an online Aptitude test comprising of:
    1) English :- 25 questions (25 min)
    2) Computer Ability :- 25 questions (35 min)
    3) Logical Reasoning :- 15 questions (15 min)
    4) Quantitative :- 15 questions (15 min)

Shortlisted candidates were then invited to a Innovative Ideas round. Here, we had to write and present innovative ideas on the topic assigned. 10 minutes were given for the write-up which was followed by a 90 second presentation.

Candidates qualifying the above round were then invited for the final round of Technical and HR interviews.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were from Data Structures, Programming and Operating Systems. For ex. On linked lists, pointers, memory types, page fault, virtual memory, etc.
      HR round comprised of a wide variety of questions and was a pleasant experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.