Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Hiring manager sent a email to me to decide the talk time. Then gave me 10 mins QA, just about the experience. Then chose a time to talk to their manager later. Waiting for interviewing with manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience about previous projects, expectation of salary.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had a referral so I sent my resume to my referral's head boss and he gave me a call to see what I knew and about the position. Then an in person interview with 3 different software engineers 45 minutes each in a room with a whiteboard asking fundamental software engineering interview questions.

Interview Questions

• One example question was writing a sorting algorithm and determining the runtime of your algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

First interview was about general behavioral questions. Next interview was more about past projects and experience. The third interview was a lot more technical and was conducted by two software engineers and asked web development questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Tempe, AZ (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied on campus during career fair, they scheduled an interview next day for on campus behavioral, then for second round it was video of a coding question to be done online.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in June 2019.

Interview

I got an employee referral for a new-graduate Software Engineering role that had just opened up (this position was not through campus-recruiting ). A couple days after I applied, an HR Recruiter called me to set up a phone interview later that week with an Engineering Hiring Manager. The phone interview was easy and consisted of Dell/behavioral/project-based questions. After passing the phone interview, I was asked to come on-site. I choose to set up my onsite interview exactly a week from my phone interview. The onsite interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews. The first one was with an Engineering Manager, the second with a Senior Architect, and the third was with a Software Engineer. At the end of the three interviews, the Hiring Manager who spoke to me on the phone scheduled a 15 minute meeting with me. She told me she was ready to offer me the position on the spot. After accepting, I met with my HR Recruiter for 15 minutes going over the details and official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what the job you applied for is asking of you? Do you understand the specific Dell Product/Division on the job description? Explain.   1 Answer
    • What ideas can you bring to Dell to make Dell a better company?   1 Answer
    • In-depth project-based questions - Explain all the technologies you used in project [x] and how they work, tell me about a passion project, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Group project questions - Tell me about a difficult group project, etc.   Answer Question
    • In-depth Java Questions: Explain Inheritance, Polymorphism, keyword Static, Instantiating Objects, Arraylists, LinkedLists, REST, API Calling, etc.   1 Answer
    • Find the first non-repeating character in a string.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in June 2019.

Interview

have a phone interview first for about 30-60 mins
    the second round is an onsite/online interview, ( I did online interview, but I think onsite will be much better) and it was about 4 - 5 hours to interview with 5 interviewers.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer is very patient and nice to introduce the daily routine and responsibility for this position and go through the resume and ask for some technologies employed in the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the difference between machine learning and deep learning?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Recruiter contacted me asking me for my available times and did not respond at all.

Then a developer emailed me a week later asking for my availability for a technical screen, and proceeded to call me 40 minutes later than our scheduled time. Didn't even get a response from him.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Worcester, MA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Easy behavioral round. He asked me a lot of questions about projects on my resume and asked me questions like why did I choose to go to my current universities.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

1. I Applied online from the website.
    2. Received a call from them in 5 days.
    3. I was then called to visit the Dell EMC office at Santa Clara.
    4. There were 4 rounds of White board coding and 1 round of HR interview

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to the Data Structures and Algorithms.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.