Dell Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career website. The interview was pretty easy. When I got to the interview, the interviewer did not have a copy of my resume so I gave him one and he just went through each point in the resume and asked a lot of questions about that. I got no technical questions.

I interviewed two months ago but still have not heard back. I knew five other people interviewing and only one got an offer. When the rest of us tried contacting Dell, we still did not get any response. It seems like they might have lost the application details, which I am very unimpressed by.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Cannot call this a interview, mostly questions which needs to be answered. Highly abstract questions, you are expected to understand what they are thinking and answer it. Some of the questions asked were incorrect and I feel they were ill prepared.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions on multi core, multi thread & multi processing.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Newport Beach, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

They only want the best! This made it vary easy to get the Job. If you have great skill's and alot of energy, they LOVE it! I currently work in Huntsville AL, and if you are realy good here, they treat you like an ARROGANT BASTERD, but the fack of the matter is -> In software contracts today, you have the "One's who get the job done." and the "Haters".

Interview Questions

• Are you the best at what you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, more like "Can you code" and I say Yes, then I show them my code, and they say, yes this is good you get the gig, OR if you don't get the gig, they might say, you must have stayed in school to long and your brain is now mush.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

In these paragraphs, you should describe in details what you have to offer the company.
    You always should note that you make strong connections between your competencies and their job specification.
    You should pay attention to: Do not repeat resume. Try to write this letter just in an A4. Just show key elements of your competencies that match to job specs.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What do you know about Dell?
      3. What can you do for Dell?
      4. Why do you want to work for Dell?
      5. Tell me the latest Dell headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact Dell?
      6. If you were in a team involved in a secret Dell project, how would you refrain from telling your significant other, friends, family, etc?
      7. Where do you see Dell's products?
      8. How can you relate the goals you have for yourself to the goals of Dell?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in January 2013.

Interview

HR calls and setup a phone interview with hiring manager. Then there will be four rounds of technical interviews. Once selected then HR negotiation happens. The whole process takes about 1 month or sometime it could take more depending on the selection process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Interview

The onsite interview consisted of 4 (1 of them being with HR) 1:1 interviews, each interview being around 30 mins. each, and they covered both technical/problem-solving and behavioral questions. The sessions were pretty laid-back and informal and started off with some bit of chit-chatting followed by an understanding of what was expected from the role, what I had done previously of the same nature, etc.

Interview Questions

• The "Three Light Switches" riddle, which one can answer (and I could fortunately) on the spot one thinking through but it was a bit unexpected but a good way of testing problem solving in my opinion.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied from school, got an email a week earlier from the 1:1 interview. The interview began with an introduction to the role of summer intern at the company, then asked a few questions about the projects I did in the past.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on the projects I did in the past   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

phone than real than go to the place and talked to the branch manager, got in in no time only took about twenty miutes to interview. after waited about three weeks to get a respond.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in May 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward and friendly. Three rounds - First was Technical, Second was writeen and third was HR Screening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was at a conference, they looked at my resume and setup an interview. The questions were mostly behavioral, to see why I like computer science and we also talked about the projects I've worked on to see if I actually know how to code. On top of that there were technical questions, like what data structure would you use if you want to do this.

Interview Questions

• What is the a core and important concept to understand in computer science?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.